While searching for the latest online games or playing your favorite game online, you clicked on some ad for a better view and you suddenly feel that the gaming speed has reduced, or the page you were playing the game on, automatically gets redirected to a new page? Worried?
Relax and read the article below and get rid of all these problems.
What is arcadetab.com?
ARCADETAB is a suspicious pop-up and adware. It collects your personal information and sell it for advertising.
How did it get into your computer?
This adware/PUP comes bundled with another tool that you might have downloaded from the Internet. Also gets included as part of the installer.
How harmful is this for your computer?
Once this infects your compute, it redirects your browser search, changes the search engine mostly to http://int.search.myway.com/ and collects all your personal information and sell it for advertising.
- Displays pop-up ads.
- Hijacks your browser.
- Infects your desktop shortcuts.
- Inserts ads on the web pages and sends your personal information to sellers.
Arcadetab.com typically targets the following three browsers:
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
How to Remove arcadetab.com?
You can remove Arcadetab.com using the given two methods:
- Automatic: To remove Arcadetab.com using ArcadeTab_RemovalTool
- Manual: To remove Arcadetab.com manually
Automated Removal Tool
- Download ArcadeTab RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
Steps to remove Arcadetab.com from Google Chrome:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- Now, in the Run box which opens up, type the following path: ‘%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data‘.
- Go to Default and Navigate to Extensions folder inside it.
- Delete the folder which is named similar to ‘illjpkfmdolbgpbjeibcdlflabkbjmhf’.
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Now, go to Menu > More Tools > Extensions and delete the extension named com
The infection will be removed from the browser.
Steps to remove Arcadetab.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- Now, in the Run box which opens up, type the following path: ‘%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles‘.
- Click on the folder with ‘.default‘ text appended in between the folder name.
- In this folder, delete ‘search.json.mozlz4.
- In the same folder, click on the folder named ‘Extensions’ folder and delete Arcadetab.com ‘@Email.xpi’.
Steps to remove Arcadetab.com from IE
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Navigate to Tools > Internet Options.
- From the given tabs, click on ‘Advanced’
- Under ‘Reset Internet Explorer settings’, click on ‘Reset…’
- Set the homepage according to your choice.
Now restart your browser. The browser settings will be reset and the hijacker will be removed.
All these steps can help you remove this malware manually. But as an expert, we would suggest that you to remove the infection using the hijacker Removal Tool only.
Tips to Prevent ArcadeTab Toolbar From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs likeArcadeTab Redirect. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Free Malware RemovalTool. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.