What Is Calendar Spark Virus?
This page will help you to remove Calendar Spark Extension. These Calendar Spark Extension removal instructions work for Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari, as well as every version of Windows.
If you want to safeguard your system from any kind of malware or virus in future then Download All in one Free Malware Removal Tool.
Calendar spark is a very deadly virus for your browser and system and if you want to know all the harlfull effects the do check Harmful effects of Calendar Spark
Calendar Spark is a suspicious program identified as a browser hijacker or an Adware type of virus. There is a high chance that you accidentally allowed it to access your computer. This is the type of malware that is also categorized by anti – viruses as a PUP or a Potentially Unwanted Program. Calendar Spark plague has begun to spread to the Apple Mac as well. There are a number of different programs out there that serve no useful purpose except to display ads on your face. All this just to make money for the developer of this adware. This is an adware which has an appropriate name – it smashes your computer with annoying advertisements and considerably ruins your browsing experience. Those ads may very well offer you the things you need however behind this invitation to treat is the motive of collecting your personal data. Not only these ads are fake and you are certainly not going to get anything useful from there but you will also be exposing your system to more dangerous stuff as well.
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Safari on Mac(Fairly Recent)
How does Calendar Spark gets installed on your system?
It is important to note that Calendar Spark is bundled with and installed by free programs that did not appropriately disclose that other software would be installed along with it. This method is the most common in malware distribution. Developers of such infections bundle their software with some free software applications over the internet. The user downloads these programs and install the malicious program along with the free application. It also get install by opening unknown emails or spam emails. Therefore, it is important that you pay close attention to the terms and condition, license agreements and installation screens when installing anything from the Internet. Since the developers of such browser hijackers know that users often rush the download/installation processes and do not read the offers or terms and conditions.
Harmful effects of Calendar Spark:
- Changes homepage and default search results.
- Make copies of your system files to and results in excessive CPU usage.
- The system and browser freezes time to time.
- Displays too many advertisements and pop-up links.
- Sudden system shut down.
- Slow down your browsing speed.
- New icons will appear on your browser without your permission.
- Manipulates web traffic to generate revenue.
- Adds many new malicious virus on your PC.
How to Remove Calendar Spark Virus?
You can remove it using the given methods:
Method-Automatic: Using Calendar Spark Virus RemovalTool
Method-Manual: Remove Manually.
Automatic Removal Steps:
- Download Calendar Spark RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
Calendar Spark RemovalTool
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
How to remove Calendar Spark manually?
Steps to remove ‘Calendar Spark’ from Google Chrome:
- Press Windows key on your keyboard and tap the R key
- In the Run box which appears, type this path: ‘%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data‘.
- Search for Default folder and then Extensions
- Delete the folder that would be named somewhat like this: ‘lacjhcgjigifchcapcccoippjdnkbagj’.
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Now go to Menu > More Tools > Extensions.
- Delete the extension named ‘Calendar Spark’.
Steps to remove ‘Calendar Spark’ from Mozilla Firefox:
- Press Windows key on your keyboard and tap the R key
- In the Run box, type this path: ‘%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles‘.
- Click on the folder with ‘.default’ appended in the folder name. For e.g.: ‘e6x5wbsb.default‘.
- In this folder, delete ‘json.mozlz4‘.
- In the same folder, click on ‘Extensions’ folder and delete the file named _h2Members_@free.calendarspark.com.
- Set your favorite homepage.
- Now restart your browser.
- Go to Tools tab on your Internet Explorer and select Manage add-ons tab.
- Select the option of ‘Toolbar and Extension’ and then delete the unwanted extension from there.
- In the other option ‘Search providers’. You can manage your search engine manually.
- Select the search engine and click set as default option according to your favorite one.
- If you are not able to change the settings from with the above steps. Click on Tool option >Internet Option >Advanced>Reset.
- From this you can reset your browser such as default settings.
Tips to Prevent Calendar Spark From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like Calendar Spark. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Free Malware RemovalTool. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.