Convertdocsonline hijacks your browser and sets your homepage to a default homepage. It is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and often bundled with free software. Convertdocsonline is recognize as a malicious browser hijacker virus and you should be more aware of the ads displayed.
How does it enter into your PC? How malicious is it?
This malware generally creep into your system quietly and even users cannot remember when they get Convertdocsonline hijacker in their PC. It display ton of Irritating pop-up ads, banner, offer and advertisement on your PC which can create problems on your system. It engage large amount of memory and CPU space. Being a hijacker, convertdocsonline toolbar is suspected to change the browser’s setting and replace the homepage to free.convertdocsonline.com. New extension is being added by name Ask.com.
- Hijacks homepage and creates its own search engine.
- Convertdocsonline displays continuous pop-ups, irritating ads and marketable advertisements.
- Convertdocsonline can freeze your system also.
- Records your browsing activities.
- Makes your browsing speed slow which can annoy you.
- Google chrome
- Mozilla firefox
- Internet explorer
How to Remove Search Convertdocsonline:
You can remove it using the given methods:
- Automatic: Remove convertdocsonline using ConvertDocsOnlineRemovalTool.exe
- Manual: Remove convertdocsonline manually.
Scan your PC with:
- Download convertdocsonline RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
How to Remove Convertdocsonline Manually?
Steps to remove convertdocsonline from Google Chrome:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box which appears, type the path: ‘%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data‘.
- Search for Default folder and then Extensions
- Delete the folder that would be named somewhat like this: ‘gjdifccnhlfimkdpegnfbdlicilmaocg’ and ‘bkbpfdkbpbckgkcelkfjjhepmdcdmahi’.
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Now go to Menu > More Tools > Extensions.
- Delete the extension named ‘convertdocsonline’ and ‘Ask’.
Steps to remove ‘convertdocsonline’ from Mozilla Firefox:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, type this path: ‘%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles‘.
- Click on the folder with ‘.default’ appended in the folder name. For eg: ‘e6x5wbsb.default‘.
- In this folder, delete ‘json.mozlz4‘.
- In the same folder, click on ‘Extensions’ folder and delete the folder named _j7Members_@www.convertdocsonline.com and _j5Members_@ext.ask.com.
- Set your favorite homepage.
- Now restart your browser.
Steps to remove File Send Suite from Internet Explorer:
- Open Internet Explorer (IE).
- Go to Toolsà Click on Internet Options.
- From the listed tabs, click on ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Under ‘Reset Internet Explorer settings’ option, click on ‘Reset…’.
- Set the homepage of your choice.
Browser settings will be reset and the browser hijacker will be removed
Tips to Prevent Convertdocsonline From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like Convertdocsonline. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Free Malware RemovalTool. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.