Download Manager Now is another browser hijacker which promises to give the user high downloading speed with one click but this is far from reality, once if the user clicks on this infection it takes over your entire computer system, spreads its wing into the PC’s performance. Download Manager Now invades the PC by the help of spam emails attachment, along with freeware program etc.
How did it get into the computer?
- This adware is normally bundled with a third-party application and comes with a couple of unwanted program.
- Malicious links originating from social media sites, instant messaging applications, and spam emails.
- It may install automatically if you share some corrupt files with another network. It may also come all of a sudden with some third-party application downloads. The main target of this adware is to display advertisements and generate money by getting traffic for the third parties. You should always pay attention when installing software because often a software installer includes optional installs such as Download Manager Now adware or browser hijacker. Be careful about, what you agree to install.The same behavior can also be seen in (RecipeHub Toolbar Removal Guide)d browser hijacker
Behavior Changes and its Malicious Effects
- Once Download Manager Now enters in the computer, it will begin to deliver advertisements. Annoying ads may appear in various formats including pop-up ads, banner, text link, or sidebar.
- A browser add-on that manages to make itself invisible in control panel.
- Generates automatic ads and infected pop-up links.
- Slow when typing, starting-up, launching programs and browsing on the internet.
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
How To Remove Download Manager Now?
You can remove it using the given methods:
1.Method-Automatic: Using Download Manager Now Removal Tool
2.Method-Manual: Removing Download Manager Now Manually
Scan your PC with:
- Download Manager Now RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
Download Manager NowRemovalTool
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE:You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
How To Remove Download Manager Now Manually?
Steps to remove ‘Download Manager Now’ from Google Chrome:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box which appears, type this path: ‘%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data‘.
- Search for Default folder and then Extensions
- Delete the folder that would be named somewhat like this: ‘fhifapajpoibpajokkokaajalaincjli’.
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Now go to Menu > More Tools > Extensions.
- Delete the extension named ‘Download Manager Now’.
Steps to remove ‘Download Manager Now’ from Mozilla Firefox:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, type this path: ‘%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles‘.
- Click on the folder with ‘.default’ appended in the folder name. For e.g.: ‘e6x5wbsb.default‘.
- In this folder, delete ‘json.mozlz4‘.
- In the same folder, click on ‘Extensions’ folder and delete the folder named _esMembers_@free.downloadmanagernow.com
- Set your favorite homepage.
- Now restart your browser.
Steps to remove ‘Download Manager Now’ Hijacker Removal Tool’ from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer (IE).
- Go to Tools –> Click on Internet Options.
- From the listed tabs, click on ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Under ‘Reset Internet Explorer settings’ option, click on ‘Reset…’.
- Set the homepage of your choice.
- Browser settings changed to default and the browser hijacker is removed.
Tips to Prevent Download Manager Now From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adaptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like Download Manager Now. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Malware Crusher. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.