Fireball is a software used by attackers to damage computer operation, gather your sensitive information, or gain access to private computer systems. This malware display in the form of active content, code, script or any other software. Fireball steals sensitive information (data) and manipulates regular surfing activity. This malware also has the ability to subordinate run any code on user’s machine or PC. Fireball threat is designed by the Beijing based digital marketing firm called Rafotech and Wired.com. Their main purpose is to hijack the browser settings like default search engine and also track their web traffic.
We Suggest you to use Malware crusher to remove all types of malware and virus including Fireball.
The new threat allows its administrators to turn their stubbornly ad-revenue generation audience into a botnet, or to harvest credentials and other private data.
Fireball malware currently infected across the globe, they have infected over million computers worldwide with India among the worst hit countries. Top countries hit by this malware are:
1) India (25 million infected machines)
2) Brazil (25 million infected machines)
3) U.S (5.5 million infected PCs)
4) Mexico (16.1 infected PCs)
It is reported that Fireball malware is used to manipulate user’s browser and change the default search engine and homepage to this fake search engine. It also installs plug-ins and additional configuration to increase its advertisements. So beware of this Malware.
Tips to avoid Fireball malware:
- Do not click on banners or pop-ups.
- Beware of email spam. Spammers tend to attract users by sending mails like “You won $1 Million” etc.
- Don’t get tempted with attractive advertisements.
- Don’t visit untrusted websites like pornography, meeting single Arab girls, or any fake hooking sites.
- Don’t download or open attachments in emails received from untrusted people or sources.
- Use the best Virus removal software available in the market such as Malware Crusher which gives you full computer protection.
- If you have a Malware removal tool or adware scanner on your PC, ensure that you have the latest updates installed.
Malicious Effects of Fireball Malware:
- Redirects you to anonymous search engines which you don’t even want to visit.
- Changes homepage and default search results.
- Collects user’s information and sends it to third party.
- Manipulates web traffic to generate revenue.
- Installs plug-ins and browser extensions.
- Deteriorates your overall browsing experience.
- There are new icons on your desktop that you don’t recognize.
- Numerous pop-up messages.
- You will see unusual error messages.
- Install the malware crusher in your system.
- Follow the installation steps.
- Malware Crusher will then automatically scan your PC for any active threats and Malware.
- Once threats are found, click on ‘Remove Now’ button to start removing threats from your system.
- Congratulation you have it successfully.
Tips to Prevent Fireball Malware From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like Fireball Malware. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Malware Crusher. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.