Flightsearchapp(free.flightsearchapp.com) claims to be a simple tool to provide updates regarding flight arrivals, flight departures, flight tracking and access to time zone converters. However, it is a malicious program which is also known as browser hijacker.
It will redirect you to sites such as MyWay.com and Ask.com, and it also displays sponsored results with advertisements leading to sites that may have malicious content. Flightsearchapp toolbar falls into the category called PUP (Potentially Unwanted Programs) that leads to pop-up ads or third-party sponsored links.
The same behavior can also be seen in Search Incognito.
How does it enter into your system? How can you recognize it?
FlightSearch Toolbar usually gets into your system through third party installers by concealing itself in freeware installation. It also enters through software bundling. It is sponsored by third parties to generate revenue for them by promoting a lot of advertisements and infected links along with the search results. It collects sensitive information that may compromise user’s privacy. It also reads cookies and steals your personal details for selling purposes.
Nature and Behavior
- Changes default homepage and search engine
- Automatic redirection to various links
- Leads to entrance of other malware in the system
- Appearance of pop-ups links and a lot of advertisements
- Slow browsing speed
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer
How to remove Flightsearchapp:
You can remove it using the given methods:
- Automatic: Removing Flightsearchapp using FlightSearch RemovalTool
- Manual: Removing Flightsearchapp manually.
Removing Flightsearchapp using FlightSearch_RemovalTool
- Download Flightsearchapp RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
How to remove Flightsearchapp manually?
Steps to remove Flightsearchapp from Google Chrome:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box which appears, type the path: ‘%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data‘.
- Search for Default folder and then Extensions.
- Delete the folder that would be named somewhat like this: ‘hnfgmjbdflnklgofkafbmfikhpgfgpao’.
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Now go to Menu > More Tools > Extensions.
- Delete the extension named ‘Flightsearchapp’.
Steps to remove ‘Flightsearchapp’ from Mozilla Firefox:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, type this path: ‘%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles‘.
- Click on the folder with ‘.default’ appended in the folder name. For e.g.: ‘e6x5wbsb.default‘.
- In this folder, delete ‘searh.json.mozlz4‘.
- In the same folder, click on ‘Extensions’ folder and delete the file named _foMembers_@free.com
- Set your favorite homepage.
- Now restart your browser.
Steps to remove Flightsearchapp from Internet Explorer:
- Open Internet Explorer (IE).
- Go to Tools–>Click on Internet Options.
- From the listed tabs, click on ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Under ‘Reset Internet Explorer settings’ option, click on ‘Reset…’.
- Set the homepage of your choice.
Tips to Prevent Flightsearchapp From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like Flightsearchapp. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Malware Crusher. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.