Fulltabsearch.com is an unwanted browser extension or PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program) that gets installed on your PC without your permission. It is actually a browser hijacker which could be bundled with the software you download from the internet while internet surfing.
Fulltabsearch.com changes the default homepage to its own page and adds shortcuts in the browser’s toolbar. It also has its built-in search engine, so if you search for anything over the web, this hijacker redirects the search to its own search engine.
The highlighted part below is the extension/ad-on which is installed on your browser.
How did it get there?
Probably you clicked on a link or a pop-up ad that got you to this browser hijacker. It then redirects you to another link and can be installed automatically. Higher chances are that this hijacker crept into the installation process of a software. Unfortunately, the software that you download does not mention clearly about another software being installed along with it. Some adware may also be bundled with such browser hijackers.
This particular hijacker works on Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. When you search for anything on the web (For eg: xyz, as shown in the screenshot), it takes you through its own built-in search engine. Such hijackers can even track users’ browsing habits. It creates random shortcut icons on the default homepage as shown below:
If you’ve unintentionally become a victim of this browser hijacker, you’ll notice the following behavior:
- When you launch the infected browser, the homepage has been changed.
- The default search engine has been changed.
- New themes are added on every new tab.
- Web browser has slowed down to a large extent.
How to Remove Fulltabsearch.com?
This is a step-by-step comprehensive guide on removing the hijacker installed on your machine. Follow these steps in correct order so that you don’t end up harming your computer further.
Scan your PC with FullTabRemovalTool :
- Download Fulltabsearch.com RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
How to Remove Fulltabsearch.com Manually?
Removing search.fulltabsearch.com manually can leave behind some remnant files. So it is always recommended that you use this tool to remove the prevailing browser hijacker.
Steps to remove search.fulltabsearch.com from Google Chrome:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, type this path: ‘%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data‘. Search for Default and then Extensions folder.
- Delete the folder named ‘dfobofkgfnlaibpdigilbhhnampnfphg’.
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Now go to Menu > More Tools > Extensions.
- Delete the extension named ‘fulltabsearch‘.The infected extension will be removed. Please note that the remnant files might still be left behind in this method.
Steps to remove search.fulltabsearch.com from Mozilla Firefox:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, type this path: ‘%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles‘.
- Click on the folder with ‘.default‘ text appended in between the folder name. For eg: ‘05bdvdx1.default‘.
- In this folder, delete ‘search.json.mozlz4‘.
- In the same folder, click on ‘Extensions‘ folder and delete ‘FullTabfirstname.lastname@example.org’. Set your homepage according to your choice.
- Now restart your browser.The infected extension will be removed. Please note that the remnant files might still be left behind in this method.
All these steps are a guide for you to help you remove this malware manually but as technical expertise, we would suggest that you remove them using the Removal tool.
Fulltabsearch.com Removal Tool
Tips to Prevent Fulltabsearch.com Toolbar From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like Fulltabsearch.com Redirect. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Free Malware RemovalTool. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.