FunSafeTab is an unwanted extension which claims to provide security while surfing the web. What it actually does? It hijacks your web browser. Once the plug-in gets installed, this browser hijacker changes your browser settings to search.funsafetabsearch.com.
This website appears on your screen each time when you open your browser or open a new tab. The homepage consists of a search box and several bookmarks related to security and social connectivity.
How did it enter?
The unwanted plug-in can enter your browser while you are looking for a security tool for protecting your computer from cyber infections. You might think that it is a genuine security tool which can provide protection to you while surfing. Instead, it actually infects your browser by adding its own settings.
The highlighted symbol shows that you have a hijacked browser.
FunSafeTab targets all the three browsers- Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
What are its Effects?
- Your homepage and search engine are changed.
- The webpages load at a very slow speed.
- Unwanted toolbars install on your browser without your permission.
- When you search using the new search engine, you will get redirected to in.search.yahoo.com. The results through this website consists sponsored links.
- Pop-up ads appear every now and then.
If you’ve become a victim to this browser hijacker, you’ll observe the following behavior:
- When you launch the browser, the homepage has been changed to search.funsafetabsearch.com.
- The new tab page has been changed to search.funsafetabsearch.com.
- Whenever you search using its search engine, it searches using https://in.search.yahoo.com.
- Several bookmarks such as Secure Notes, Secure Documents, Security Tools, etc. have been added to the default page.
How to Remove search.funsafetabsearch.com?
You can remove the unwanted plug-in using the following methods:
- Removing funsafetabsearch.com using FunSafeTabSearch Removal Tool
- Removing funsafetabsearch.com manually
Removing search.funsafetabsearch.com using FunSafeTab Removal Tool
- Download funsafetabsearch.com RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
Removing search.funsafetabsearch.com Manually
Steps to remove search.funsafetabsearch.com from IE:
- Launch IE.
- Go to Tools > Internet Options.
- From the available tabs, click on ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Under ‘Reset Internet Explorer settings’, click ‘Reset’.
- Set the homepage to your favorite one.
Browser settings will be reset and the browser hijacker will be removed.
Steps to remove search.funsafetabsearch.com from Google Chrome:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, type this path: ‘%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data’.
- Search for Default and then Extensions
- Delete the folder named ‘mhijigpedjfflhgodhdlneneckjnnnpj’.
- Now change your default homepage in Google Chrome settings.
The infected extension will be removed.
Steps to remove search.funsafetabsearch.com from Mozilla Firefox:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, type this path: ‘%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles’.
- Now in Profiles, search for a folder with .default in its name & in that folder, delete ‘json.mozlz4’.
- Now in extensions, delete ‘email@example.com’. Set your homepage according to your choice.
- Reboot your system & the infected extension will be removed.
Removing search.funsafetabsearch.com manually can leave behind some remnant files. So it is always recommended that you use the Browser Hijacker Removal tool to remove the prevailing hijacker.
Tips to Prevent funsafetabsearch.com Toolbar From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like funsafetabsearch.com Redirect. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Free Malware RemovalTool. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.