Gamerz land will redirect you to other search engine, which is installed. These adware programs are bundled with other free software that you download off the internet. It claims to give you an instant access to top gaming sites or play instantly, but it is a potentially unwanted program known as browser hijacker.
Gamerz land is not a virus, but this program carries a greater threat to the security of your computer. After penetration, it starts displaying advertisements, banners and coupons. It will change your browser settings, homepage, search engine and send your personal information to third parties.
How does it enter in your computer?
If your browser setting and homepage is changed and if it’s redirecting you to its own search engine, then your PC is infected with the infection called GAMERZ LAND. It is also said to be a useless search engine which gets into your system by a path provided by a freeware and a shareware that are hosted on various servers. It will track your internet activities and gather your sensitive information and send it to third party with an aim of generating revenue.
Nature and behaviors:
- Random webpage text is turned into hyperlink.
- Navigates to a different page with every click on screen.
- Gathers sensitive information and tracks your internet activities.
- Changes homepage and search engine.
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
How to remove Gamerz land:
You can remove it using the given methods:
- Automatic: Remove Gamerz land using GamerzLand_RemovalTool.exe.
- Manual: Remove Gamerz land.
Scan your PC with:
- Download Gamerz land RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
Gamerz land RemovalTool
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
How to remove Gamerz land manually?
Steps to remove Gamerz land from Google Chrome:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box which appears, type the path: ‘%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data’.
- Search for Default folder and then Extensions
- Delete the folder that would be named somewhat like this: ‘hjlafnacaojciidmaijnoonindcpmldb’.
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Now go to Menu > More Tools > Extensions.
- Delete the extension named ‘Gamerz land’
Steps to remove File Send Suite from Internet Explorer:
- Open Internet Explorer (IE).
- Go to Tools–> Click on Internet Options.
- From the listed tabs, click on ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Under ‘Reset Internet Explorer settings’ option, click on ‘Reset…’.
- Set the homepage of your choice.
Browser settings will be reset and the browser hijacker will be removed.
Tips to Prevent Gamerz land From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like Gamerz land. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Free Malware RemovalTool. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.