GetCuponsFast claims to save money by providing various e-shopping coupons but in reality this is a potentially unwanted program (PUP), popularly known as browser hijacker. GetCouponFast hijacks Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox by assigning the new tab, homepage and default search engine option to myway.GetCuponsFast Removal Tool
It is currently categorized as an adware because it displays too many annoying advertisements on your browser screen. These ads always link to various discount coupons and various offers of online products but in reality, they are fake and only display ads by clicking on them as they are generating traffic for the third party in exchange of money. We suggest you to remove it as soon as possible from your desktop as it can harm your PC.
The reason why we have put up this post, is to give you exact pointers in deleting relevant add-ons and plug-ins.
How does it enter into your system?
Unfortunately, some free downloads do not adequately disclose that other software will also be installed and you may find that GetCouponFast was installed, without your knowledge. GetCouponFast is an adware program that is commonly bundled with other free programs that you download off of the Internet. It will inject pop-up ads and advertising banners to your browser screen. It has an official download website. However, developers also promote this potentially unwanted program (PUP) by employing a misleading marketing method called “bundling”. Once this gets into your computer, your browsing session will get overcrowded with commercial offers and get redirected to different websites. Such behavior might annoy, even the most patient user.
Detected behaviors and nature:
- Creates its own search engine.
- Redirects to myway search engine.
- Tracks your browsing activities
- Slows down your operating speed.
- Displays infected pop-ups and advertisements.
- It can also track the users browsing activities and collect their personal information. Your privacy could be compromised because you might end up on third-party websites.
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer
NOTE:Same behavior can also be seen in RecipeHub
How to remove GetCouponFast:
You can remove it using the given methods:
- Automatic: Remove GetCouponFast using GetCouponsFast RemovalTool
- Manual: Remove GetCouponFast
Scan your PC with:
- Download GetCouponFast RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
How to remove GetCouponFast manually?
Steps to remove ‘GetCouponFast’ from Google Chrome:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box which appears, type this path: ‘%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data‘.
- Search for Default folder and then Extensions
- Delete the folder that would be named somewhat like this: ‘fkjhlajjdhaoflolgdbfkpogbbgnnoei’.
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Now go to Menu > More Tools > Extensions.
- Delete the extension named ‘GetCouponFast’.
Steps to remove ‘GetCouponFast’ from Mozilla Firefox:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, type this path: ‘%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles‘.
- Click on the folder with ‘.default’ appended in the folder name. For e.g.: ‘e6x5wbsb.default‘.
- In this folder, delete ‘search.json.mozlz4‘.
- In the same folder, click on ‘Extensions’ folder and delete the file named @Maps.xpi.
- Set your favorite homepage.
- Now restart your browser.
Steps to remove ‘GetCouponFast’ from Internet Explorer:
- Open Internet Explorer (IE).
- Go to Tools –> Click on Internet Options.
- From the listed tabs, click on ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Under ‘Reset Internet Explorer settings’ option, click on ‘Reset…’.
- Set the homepage of your choice.
GetCuponsFast Removal Tool
Tips to Prevent GetCuponsFast Toolbar From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like GetCuponsFast Redirect. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Free Malware RemovalTool. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.