GoGameGo is a browser extension which claims to provide access to various games online such as Arcade, Adventure and side-scroll games on the internet. It attracts users by providing access to games without any cost. GoGameGo is basically a browser hijacker which when installed hijacks or controls your browser by installing bookmarks and other unwanted stuff without your permission. Removing GoGameGo becomes extremely easy using the GoGameGo Removal Tool.
The GoGameGo browser plug-in is packed with third-party programs which can lead to unwanted marketing content into your browser. It is also supported by various advertisers causing random pop-up ads in your browser window.
The highlighted symbol indicates that your browser is infected with GoGameGo.
How did it get into the Computer?
GoGameGo can get installed on your system when you are trying to play online games. It is also distributed using a misleading software marketing method called ‘bundling’ in which a PUP is attached with a legitimate software. Therefore, many users install it unintentionally without knowing its malicious nature.
How Malicious is it?
- Once this malicious program is installed, you get pop-up ads from Gogamego.thewhizproducts.com whenever you browse the internet.
- Gogamego can track your browsing activity.
- It prevents users from rolling back browser settings by automatically reassigning the settings when attempts are made to change them.
If you’ve become a victim to this browser hijacker, you’ll notice the following behavior:
- When you launch the infected browser, the homepage gets changed and thumbnails of various games and game of the day also get added to the toolbar.
- The default search engine has been changed.
- Whenever you type anything in the search box, it searches using search.mysearch.com. This website might generate search results leading to malicious websites. Therefore, searching the net through this site is extremely risky and can lead to further computer infections.
- Your browsing experience is affected to a great extent.
GoGameGo majorly targets Google Chrome. It changes the homepage, default search engine, and new tab URL to search.mysearch.com.
How to Remove GoGameGo from the Computer?
This is a step-by-step guide to help you in remove the malicious GoGameGo installed on your machine. Follow these steps in correct order so that you don’t end up harming your computer further.
- Removing GoGameGo browser hijacker using GoGameGoRemovalTool
- Removing GoGameGo browser hijacker using manual steps
Removing GoGameGo Browser Hijacker using GoGameGo Removal Tool :
- Download GoGameGo RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
Removing GoGameGo Browser Hijacker from
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, type this path: ‘%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data
- Search for Default and then Extensions
- Delete the folder named ‘kpbdnmbakddgfelammgpejchmmpdkgcf’.
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Now go to Menu > More Tools > Extensions
- Delete the extension named ‘GoGameGo‘.
The infected extension will be removed. Please note that the remnant files might still be left behind by this method. The removal steps using the tool will be more helpful in cleaning your computer.
Tips to Prevent GoGameGo Toolbar From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like GoGameGo Redirect. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Free Malware RemovalTool. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.