Internet Speed Tracker (Toolbar) may appear like an important tool for your computer, which tricks many users into downloading this program. It is recommended as a perfect tool that can help you to check your internet speed. However, during installation of this program, other unwanted applications get inside the computer. The Internet Speed Tracker itself consists of links which when clicked on, will accidentally redirect your browser to commercial web sites.
Signs of this infection in your computer-
- Modification of browser settings in the way this program wants.
- The speed of computer and particularly the browser getting significantly reduced.
- This infection in the computer takes the user to its own search engine i.e. ‘’http://int.search.tb.ask.com’’
- Advertisements and pop-ups that are signed ‘Ads by Internet Speed Tracker’ or ‘Powered by Internet Speed Tracker’ are displayed on your browser.
How does this infection get into your computer?
When the user is doing some online shopping, or browsing the internet and they accidentally click on any freeware, this is when the infection gets into the user’s computer. Users think that it was just the Internet Speed Tracker toolbar that is going to be installed but with it comes thumbnails with suggestions of shopping website,social networking sites etc. The main goal of this adware is to display advertisements and generate easy money.
The same behavior can also be seen in (Search.searchtp.com)browser hijacker.
How To Remove This Browser Hijacker?
There are two process-
- Method 1: Remove Internet Speed Tracker Toolbar by using InternetSpeedTracker RemovalTool
- Method 2: Remove Internet Speed Tracker Manually
Scan your PC with Internet Speed Tracker Removal Tool
- Download Internet Speed Tracker RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
Internet Speed Tracker RemovalTool
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
How to Remove “Internet Speed Tracker” Manually?
Steps to remove “Internet Speed Tracker” from Google Chrome.
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, type this path: ‘%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data‘.
- Search for Default and then Extensions
- Delete the folder that would be named somewhat like this: ‘fepjaddkfjddbbdlfghjjdpnponmhfkk‘
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Now go to Menu > More Tools > Extensions.
- Delete the extension named ‘Internet Speed Tracker ‘
Steps to remove ‘Internet Speed Tracker’ from Mozilla Firefox:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, type this path: ‘%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles.
- Click on the folder with ‘.default’ appended in the folder name. For eg: ‘e6x5wbsb.default‘.
- In this folder, delete ‘search.json.mozlz4‘.
- In the same folder, click on ‘Extensions’ folder and delete’ _jcMembers_@www.quickweathertracker.com ’named folder.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Go to Tools à Click on Internet Options.
- From the given tabs, click on ‘Advanced’
- Under ‘Reset Internet Explorer settings’ option, click on ‘Reset’
- Set the homepage to the one you want to use.
- Browser settings changed to default and the browser hijacker is removed.
Tips to Prevent Internet Speed Tracker Redirect From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like Internet Speed Tracker. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Malware Crusher. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.