Listen to the radio now is an attracting site which includes all your favorite radio stations, listen live to all the latest hits, world radio, lyrics and music news but this is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) which is categorized as browser hijacker. User may get attract toward this application but you should ignore this browser hijacker or malware function because it can harm your computer to a great extinct. It modifies your browser settings like default homepage and search engine to its own. It will redirect you to search.searchlttrnow.com.
If this site is that good then why it is for free? This browser hijacker just have a purpose to sneak into your computer and infect it. Most of the browser hijackers change the default homepage and search pages to those of their customers or say third party home pages and search pages because it generates a lot of traffic for those people.
How does it enter into your computer?
The problem with most of the users is that they either ignore the agreement or read it with blur eyes. Listen To The Radio Now enters into your system through free software by bundling itself with those software. Because a lot of freeware are bundled with adware installation in the background of its own installer so that they can get more revenue from third party. It can also come from third party downloading websites instead of its own websites. These potentially unwanted programs starts affecting your browser in a way that your browsers setting are changed, your browser starts redirecting you to other sites whenever you click a URL that you want to visit but instead you are redirected to some other third party URL automatically. They promote ads through this program and make money by promoting their ads. When it starts displaying tons of annoying advertisements and virus infected pop-ups then it means your system is infected by Listen To The Radio now.
Malicious effects of this browser hijacker:
- They hijacks your web browser homepage and default search engine.
- It collects all the information which is sensitive.
- It also tracks and logs all the keystrokes.
- It monitors your browsing behaviors.
- Slow down your processing speed.
- It will redirects you to its own search provider.
Same Malicious effects can also be seen in PDFConverterHQ
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer
How to remove Listen To The Radio Now:
You can remove it using the given methods:
- Automatic: Remove Listen to the radio now using ListenToTheRadioNow RemovalTool
- Manual: Remove Listen to the radio now
Scan your PC with:
- Download Listen to the radio now RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
Listen to the radio now RemovalTool
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
How to remove Listen To The Radio Now manually?
Steps to remove ‘Listen To The Radio Now’ from Google Chrome:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box which appears, type this path: ‘%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data‘.
- Search for Default folder and then Extensions
- Delete the folder that would be named somewhat like this: ‘ekoaalcfmeimlkhkpnolcmejcgfdjecn’.
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Now go to Menu > More Tools > Extensions.
- Delete the extension named ‘Listen To The Radio Now’.
Steps to remove ‘Listen to the radio now’ from Mozilla Firefox:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, type this path: ‘%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles‘.
- Click on the folder with ‘.default’ appended in the folder name. For e.g.: ‘e6x5wbsb.default‘.
- In this folder, delete ‘search.json.mozlz4‘.
- In the same folder, click on ‘Extensions’ folder and delete the file named @Radio.xpi.com.
- Set your favorite homepage.s
- Now restart your browser.
Steps to remove ‘Listen to the radio now’ from Internet Explorer:
- Open Internet Explorer (IE).
- Go to Tools –> Click on Internet Options.
- From the listed tabs, click on ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Under ‘Reset Internet Explorer settings’ option, click on ‘Reset…’.
- Set the homepage of your choice.
Tips to Prevent Listen to the radio now From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like Listen to the radio now. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Malware Crusher. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.