LiveRadioSweeper toolbar claims to provide users with direct access to various radio stations, music videos, podcasts and other features, but this is a browser add-on which is categorized as a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) and also comes in the adware category. It is a browser hijacker that is bundled with certain free programs that you can download from the internet.
It mainly hijacks Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox, secretly assigning the new tab URL/search, default search engine, and homepage options to hp.myway.com. Therefore, returning browsers to their previous states becomes impossible and users are forced to visit hp.myway.com when they open a new browser tab or attempt to search via the search/URL bar. If you don’t want any type of modifications on your default browser settings, then it will be better for you to avoid installing this suspicious toolbar. It continually records URLs visited, IP addresses, pages viewed, URLs visited, search queries, and other data that contain personal details. Then that data is shared with third parties who misuse personal information to generate revenue.
How does it enter into your computer?
LiveRadioSweeper virus enters in your computer after you have installed a freeware software that had bundled into their installation of this extension. This browser hijacker just have a purpose to sneak into your computer and infect it. The problem with most of the users is that they either ignore the agreement or read it with blur eyes. LiveRadioSweeper enters into your system through free software by bundling itself with those software. Because a lot of freeware are bundled with adware installation in the background of its own installer so that they can get more revenue from third party.
It is an untrustworthy third party application which is made to promote the adware program. These potentially unwanted programs starts affecting your browser in a way that your browsers setting are changed, your browser starts redirecting you to other sites whenever you click a URL that you want to visit but instead you are redirected to some other third party URL automatically. They promote ads through this program and make money by promoting their ads. When it starts displaying a lot of annoying advertisements and virus infected pop-ups then it means your system is infected by LiveRadioSweeper.
- Redirects you to its own search provider.
- Tracks and logs all the keywords.
- Monitors your browsing activity.
- Decrease your browsing speed.
- Hijacks your web browser homepage and default search engine.
- Can alter the registry files to change the entire computer system.
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer
How to remove LiveRadioSweeper:
You can remove it using the given methods:
- Automatic: Remove LiveRadioSweeper using LiveRadioSweeper
- Manual: Remove LiveRadioSweeper
Scan your PC with:
- Download LiveRadioSweeper Virus RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
LiveRadioSweeper Virus RemovalTool
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
How to remove LiveRadioSweeper manually?
Steps to remove ‘LiveRadioSweeper’ from Google Chrome:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box which appears, type this path: ‘%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data‘.
- Search for Default folder and then Extensions
- Delete the folder that would be named somewhat like this: ‘cphmapcgdnldaggfpcjgeilbmhikahda’.
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Now go to Menu > More Tools > Extensions.
- Delete the extension named ‘LiveRadioSweeper’.
Steps to remove ‘LiveRadioSweeper’ from Mozilla Firefox:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, type this path: ‘%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles‘.
- Click on the folder with ‘.default’ appended in the folder name. For e.g.: ‘e6x5wbsb.default‘.
- In this folder, delete ‘json.mozlz4‘.
- In the same folder, click on ‘Extensions’ folder and delete the file named _iaMembers_@free.liveradiosweeper.com and _j5Members_@ext.ask.com .
- Set your favorite homepage.
- Now restart your browser.
Steps to remove ‘LiveRadioSweeper’ from Internet Explorer:
- Open Internet Explorer (IE).
- Go to Tools –> Click on Internet Options.
- From the listed tabs, click on ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Under ‘Reset Internet Explorer settings’ option, click on ‘Reset…’.
- Set the homepage of your choice.
Tips to Prevent LiveRadioSweeper Virus From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like LiveRadioSweeper Virus. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Free Malware RemovalTool. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.