MovieCarpet is a dreadful browser hijacker which create problem specifically in google chrome. Once it injects your browser it will change your homepage into search.moviecarpet.com.
It will change your default search engine setting. All search queries requested by you will be redirected to some third party pages. Get rid of from this kind of malware as soon as possible. This tutorial will help you to remove it.
How does it enters in your PC? Why do you need to remove MovieCarpet?
When it starts displaying lots of advertisements and display pop up links automatically, then it means your system is infected. It will redirect you to new URL which you don’t want to visit. It will slow down your browsing experience. You may also observe your homepage and search engine is changed.
You need to remove MovieCarpet because it will start tracking your browsing activity and transfers your information to third party. This program is interconnected with many other links that may easily lead your browser to them, without your concern. You will be advised to scan your system to get rid from this malicious program with this anti-malware tool.
- Change default homepage and search engine.
- Add extension to your browser setting
- Redirects you to search.moviecarpet.com, automatically.
- Display annoying advertisements on your homepage.
- It will slow down your browsing experience.
- Google chrome
- Internet explorer
How to Remove MovieCarpet from your Computer?
Many users are infected with this virus but, sadly not many knows how to remove this virus from their PC. Here is the automatic solution for your browser problem through this tool. If you are missing out with this tool, then here is the link to obtain this tool.
There are the following methods to remove it:
- Automatic: Remove Moviecarpet using Moviecarpet_RemovalTool.exe.
- Manually: Remove MovieCarpet manually.
Scan your PC with:
- Download MovieCarpet RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
How to remove MovieCarpet manually?
Steps to remove MovieCarpet from Google Chrome:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box which appears, type the path: ‘%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data’.
- Search for Default folder and then Extensions.
- Delete the folder that would be named somewhat like this: ‘phonklebjdgemplbielkkkpbemmagace’.
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Now go to Menu > More Tools > Extensions.
- Delete the extension named ‘MovieCarpet’.
Steps to remove File Send Suite from Internet Explorer:
- Open Internet Explorer (IE).
- Go to Tools–>Click on Internet Options.
- From the listed tabs, click on ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Under ‘Reset Internet Explorer settings’ option, click on ‘Reset…’.
- Set the homepage of your choice.
Browser settings will be reset and the browser hijacker will be removed.
Tips to Prevent MovieCarpet From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like MovieCarpet. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Free Malware RemovalTool. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.