Want to get rid of My Maps Wizard? Are you irritated by pop-ups and advertisements? Here is the solution to all your problems.
My Maps Wizard is a malware program which infects your system. My Maps Wizard is a threat to your computer’s performance and security, as it is a potentially unwanted program.
It works as an extension to your browser. It will change your default homepage and search engine. You may face many other problems which can slow down your browsing speed.
How does it enter your computer? How malicious is it?
My Maps Wizard is a browser hijacker which enters your computer without your consent. It is usually bundled with free software downloaded from the internet. While searching for application, you may come across this extension. It will change your default browser settings. It changes your default search engine and homepage to its own set of pages. My Maps Wizard is a PUP which is considered dangerous for the health of your computer. It gathers your browsing history and sensitive information. Then it shares the data with the third parties with an aim to promote ads. Therefore, My Maps Wizard is a malicious program and is required to be removed right away from your system.
The changes you will observe when My Maps Wizard is installed on your system are:
- When searching for anything through the search engine, you will be automatically redirected to another website.
- You will observe annoying ads, pop-ups, banners, in-text ads and videos on your browser window.
- Default browser settings are altered.
- The browser hijacker will lead to slow browsing speed.
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer
How to Remove Search My Maps Wizard?
You can remove it using the given methods:
- Automatic: Remove My Maps Wizard using My Maps Wizard_RemovalTool.exe
- Manual: Remove My Maps Wizard.
Scan your PC with:
- Download My Maps Wizard RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
My Maps Wizard RemovalTool
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
How to remove My Maps Wizard manually?
Steps to remove My Maps Wizard from Google Chrome:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box which appears, type the path: ‘%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data‘.
- Search for Default folder and then Extensions
- Delete the folder that would be named somewhat like this: ‘bbommkhnakaddhednbjjffmcopnngpkk’.
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Now go to Menu > More Tools > Extensions.
- Delete the extension named ‘My Maps Wizard’.
Steps to remove ‘My Maps Wizard’ from Mozilla Firefox:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, type this path: ‘%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles’.
- Click on the folder with ‘.default’ appended in the folder name. For eg: ‘e6x5wbsb.default’.
- In this folder, delete ‘searchjson.mozlz4′.
- In the same folder, click on ‘Extensions’ folder and delete the folder named j4Members_@free.createdocsonline.com.
- Set your favorite homepage.
- Now restart your browser.
Steps to remove File Send Suite from Internet Explorer:
- Open Internet Explorer (IE).
- Go to Tools –> Click on Internet Options.
- From the listed tabs, click on ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Under ‘Reset Internet Explorer settings’ option, click on ‘Reset…’.
- Set the homepage of your choice.
Browser settings will be reset and the browser hijacker will be removed.
Tips to Prevent My Maps Wizard From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like My Maps Wizard. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Free Malware RemovalTool. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.