MySafeSearch is a doubtful Google Chrome extension, presently classified as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) or Adware. MySafeSearch focuses on taking over the internet browser application. It mostly affects home page and default search engine.
MySafeSearch Removal Tool
How does it gets into the computer?
MySafeSearch reaches the internet via third-party software. It reaches the computer with an unpopular program that uses a deceiving way of attracting computer users.
How it can harm the computer?
This cunning program is an unwanted browser hijacker, which redirects the internet surfing and too much display of online ads. Moreover, its presence may only lead to additional adware, malware and other threats into your system.
- MySafeSearch replaces your default home page and adds new tab.
- It takes the user to its own search engine and most of the time it is Safe Finder.
Targeted Browser: –
It only targets Google Chrome.
How to Remove ‘Mysafesearch’?
You can remove ‘Mysafesearch’using either of the given two methods:
Automatic: To remove ‘Mysafesearch’ using Mysafesearch_RemovalTool
Manual: To remove ‘Mysafesearch’ manually
Scan Mysafesearch Removal Tool :
- Download Mysafesearch RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
Steps to remove Mysafesearch’ from
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the dialog box which appears type the following path: %localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data‘.
- Go to Default folder and navigate to ‘Extensions’ folder inside it.
- Delete the folder which is named similar to ‘iamehioebdppceakgholgfjhapaacmep’.
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Now, go to Menu > More Tools > Extensions and delete the extension named ‘mysafesearch’
All these steps are a guide for you to help you remove this malware manually but as technical expertise, we would suggest that you remove them using the Removal tool.
Tips to Prevent MySafeSearch Toolbar From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like MySafeSearch Redirect. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Free Malware RemovalTool. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.