MytelevisionHQ claims to be one of the best toolbar for easy streaming of TV channels, but it is a potentially unwanted program (PUP), also known as browser hijacker. MyTelevisionHQ is intended for streaming popular TV channels, but its main purpose is to make money. It hijacks your web browser and then changes the browser settings, homepage, and search engine.
It displays a lot of advertisements and infected pop-ups. The extension is designed to provide access to paid video streaming websites like hulu and Netflix. It is advised to remove it as soon as possible as it can harm your system. Get rid of pop-ups & other malware by taking the help of the tool provided below in this post or by looking at the manual steps of the removal process.
The same behavior can also be seen in Gamerzland browser hijacker.
How does it enter your PC? How malicious is it?
MyTelevisionHQ is bundled with free software that is spread on the internet in the form of a toolbar. It is promoted as a tool for watching TV online for free but when you install it, it will infect your system. It can take over your web browser and replace the default start page and search provider with ask.com. It is sponsored by third party partners and can present you with lots of advertisements and infected links while browsing. It will redirect you to unknown third party websites. If you fail to remove it, you can get the whole bouquet of potential unwanted programs.
Nature and behavior:
This browser hijacker leads to:
- Leakage of data.
- Automatic redirection to other websites.
- Spamming of emails.
- Tons of irritating advertisements on the browser.
- Slow operating speed.
- Change of browser settings and homepage.
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer
How to remove MytelevisionHQ Browser Redirect?
You can remove it using the given methods:
- Automatic: Removing MytelevisionHQ using MyTelevisionHQ RemovalTool
- Manual: Removing MytelevisionHQ manually
Removing MytelevisionHQ using MyTelevisionHQ RemovalTool:
- Download MytelevisionHQ RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
How to remove MytelevisionHQ manually?
Steps to remove MytelevisionHQ from Google Chrome:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box which appears, type the given path: ‘%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data‘.
- Search for Default folder and then Extensions.
- Delete the folder that would be named somewhat like this: ‘llbkcnicjmgghhlaheneodppcaphjjfe’.
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Now go to Menu > More Tools > Extensions.
- Delete the extension named ‘MytelevisionHQ’.
Steps to remove MytelevisionHQ from Mozilla Firefox:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, type this path: ‘%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles‘.
- Click on the folder with ‘.default’ appended in the folder name. For eg: ‘e6x5wbsb.default‘.
- In this folder, delete ‘json.mozlz4‘.
- In the same folder, click on ‘Extensions’ folder and delete the file named _ftMembers_@free.mytelevisionhq.com.
- Set your favorite homepage.
- Now restart your browser.
Steps to remove MytelevisionHQ from Internet Explorer:
- Open Internet Explorer (IE).
- Go to Tools and then click on Internet Options.
- From the listed tabs, click on ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Under ‘Reset Internet Explorer settings’ option, click on ‘Reset…’.
- Set the homepage of your choice.
Tips to Prevent MytelevisionHQ From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like MytelevisionHQ. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Malware Crusher. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.