Is your web browser being redirected to Newstimes2017.info? Are you facing automatic redirects to anonymous URLs ? Is your browser opening too many pop-ups on a single click ? If yes, then your PC is at risk. This is an ADWARE which gets into your system by bundling itself with a third party software that you might have downloaded, clicking anonymous links on unknown emails or web advertisements. It is identified as redirect virus that closely connects with all kinds of malware, adware and backdoor Trojan.
This Browser hijacking is a form of potentially unwanted program (PUP) that modifies your web browser’s settings without your permission. It injects unwanted advertisements into the user’s browser. This replaces the existing search engine and home page with NewsTimes2017 site. It also displays a ton of unwanted pop-up ads while browsing, and also makes your system performance poor. This browser hijacker can causes massive problems to the functioning of the computer by modifying the web-browser settings, DNS, registry and windows files.
As one can imagine, keeping the infection on board would be a terrible mistake. We suggest you to remove this virus/infection as soon as possible.
How did my computer get infected with NewsTimes2017?
This virus will start working when you open file attachments from spam email, install freeware or browse malicious sites. You might receive mails that look legit or may carry attractive offers. These, unless from a trusted source, carry links to such browser hijackers. We all look for free software sometime of the other. We do find such software, free of cost, however most of these software are bundled with malicious programs & extensions. It is a good idea to read the Terms & Conditions and install screens of such software carefully. Not all websites are good. Random advertisements, offers to win things like a phone etc are loaded with such infections. To get rid of the NewsTimes2017.info virus, we suggest you follow the tips at the bottom of this post.
It may dribble other severe threats into your Device to cause various high-degree security risks, your confidential information such as credit card detail and password may be stolen and sent to third party partners. Your browser may be hijacked and redirected to malicious sites every time you start browsing the internet. Your system setting will be changed without your consent.
Symptoms you may face:
- Performance degradation of your system.
- Browser pop-ups appear which recommend fake updates or other software.
- Change of browser settings without user’s permission.
- Adding start-up codes to registry editor.
- Slow down your browsing speed.
- Tracks your personal information, IP address, login data and browsing keywords and visited URLs.
- Random web page text is turned into hyperlinks.
Browsers which are affected by NewsTimes2017:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer
Tips to Prevent NewsTimes2017 From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like NewsTimes2017 . So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Malware Crusher. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.