Note home page is a browser hijacker which is installed on your system as a browser extension or as an add-on. Notehomepage dishonestly portrays itself as a program that would give you the right to create notes, sticky notes, to-do-list and other related tasks.
It is a PUP (potentially unwanted program) which changes your browser’s homepage to its own custom homepage, redirects you from the URL you want to visit to a sponsored URL, etc.
Nature and behavioral analysis.
Notehomepage is a corrupt and an undependable browser extension which hijacks your whole browser and changes the default settings to its own defined custom settings so that it can control your browser more efficiently. It is considered to be a dangerous extension.
If you are noticing the under defined behavior by your browser then your browser is hijacked by Notehomepage:
- It is installed in your system as an extension
- Redirects you from one URL to another.
- Too many pop-up ads are being displayed, while browsing.
- Browsers settings getting changed automatically.
How did it get there?
Notehomepage is bundled up, along with other small programs which collectively forms an application and when you download this application it gives a passage to this infection to enter in your system without any problem. Once added as an extension it starts manipulating your browser’s settings.
It also gets in your system through other adware like freeware and shareware.
- Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
How to Remove Note homepage?
Removing Notehomepage browser hijacker from your system is a very easy task if you do it with the tool provided below, but the same removal can turn out to be a very time consuming task, if done manually.
Method 1: Remove it by downloading NoteHomepage_RemovalTool.
Method 2: Remove it through Manual steps.
Scan your PC with NoteHomepage_RemovalTool.
- Download Notehomepage RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
How to remove Note homepage manually?
Manual Process of removing this browser hijacker will leave some files behind in your system. So I will advise you to download the tool provided above to remove the browser hijacker directly in just a few clicks.
Steps to remove Notehomepage from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Go toTools à Click on Internet Options.
- From the given tabs, click on ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Under ‘Reset Internet Explorer settings’ option, click on ‘Reset’ option.
- Set the homepage to the one you want to use.
Browser settings changed to default and the browser hijacker is removed.
Steps to remove Note homepage from Google Chrome
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, type this path: “%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data”.
Search forDefault and then Extensions
- Delete the folder named“lamecoaceiheggdhlnjnmciaonfdamlg” and “bkbpfdkbpbckgkcelkfjjhepmdcdmahi”.
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Go toMenu à More Tools à Extensions.
- Delete the extension named “NoteHomepage”.
The infected extension will be removed. Please note that the residue files might still be left behind in this method.
Steps to remove Note homepage from Mozilla Firefox
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, type this path: “%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles”.
- Click on the folder with“.default” For eg: ‘e6x5wbsb.default‘.
- In this folder, delete ‘json.mozlz4‘.
- In the same folder, click on ‘Extensions‘ folder and delete “_jvMembers_@free.notehomepage.com” this named file.
- Now set the homepage and restart your browser.
Tips to Prevent Notehomepage From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like Notehomepage. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Free Malware RemovalTool. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.