OnlineWorkSuite Toolbar is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that portrays itself as a legitimate tool that provides the user with different options to- create a new document, create a new Excel sheet, save the latest documents, convert files etc. OnlineWorkSuite may seem legitimate and useful, but this nasty software often infiltrates the system without the user’s permission.
Harmful Effects of this infection on your PC and it’s Behavioral Changes:
- Excessive display of unwanted ads, unexpected browser redirect to malicious websites, changed homepage and search engine.
- OnlineWorkSuite records IP addresses, URLs visited, pages viewed, search queries and other information relating to user’s Internet browsing activity.
- The OnlineWorkSuite toolbar itself may consist links, if clicked will open your browser to commercial web sites.The same behavior can also be seen in (Screen Addict toolbar) browser hijacker
How does it get into your PC?
- It can get into your PC, if you happen to visit the Mindspark Interactive website. OnlineWorkSuite Toolbar is being officially promoted on that website as this toolbar is also created by Mindspark Interactive.
- This browser redirector is normally bundled with a third-party application and comes with a couple of unwanted programs.
- It also gets into the PC through malicious links originating from social media sites, instant messaging applications and spam emails.
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
How To Remove OnlineWorkSuite?
You can remove it using the given methods:
- Method-Automatic: OnlineWorkSuite redirect using OnlineWorkSuite Removal tool.
- Method-Manual: Removing OnlineWorkSuite redirect Manually.
Scan your PC
- Download OnlineWorkSuite RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully
How to Remove ‘OnlineWorkSuite’ Manually?
Steps to remove ‘OnlineWorkSuite’ from Google Chrome
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box which appears, type this path: ‘%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data‘.
- Search for Default folder and then Extensions
- Delete the folder that would be named somewhat like this: ‘nibodimenmckijbclhebhjempfbfaphm and gddiehhlphkfabhcldibfbfdhidihcgo’.
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Now go to Menu > More Tools > Extensions.
- Delete the extension named ‘OnlineWorkSuite’.
Steps to remove ‘OnlineWorkSuite’ from Mozilla Firefox
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, type this path: ‘%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles‘.
- Click on the folder with ‘.default’ appended in the folder name. For e.g.: ‘default‘.
- In this folder, delete ‘json.mozlz4‘.
- In the same folder, click on ‘Extensions’ folder and delete the folder named _j1Members_@free.onlineworksuite.com
- Set your favorite homepage.
- Now restart your browser.
Steps to remove ‘OnlineWorkSuite’ from Internet Explorer:
- Open Internet Explorer (IE).
- Go to Tools –> Click on Internet Options.
- From the listed tabs, click on ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Under ‘Reset Internet Explorer settings’ option, click on ‘Reset…’
- Set the homepage of your choice.
Tips to Prevent OnlineWorkSuite Toolbar From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like OnlineWorkSuite. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Malware Crusher. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.