RecipeHub is an advertising program that is installed in your system in the form of an extension which is named as browser hijacker. RecipeHub toolbar represents convenient access to recipes, tempting dessert recipes, all recipe videos, check weather forecast and more, BUT in reality this is a potentially unwanted program and it can harm your system also.
The main purpose of this hijacker is to enter into your system to promote their partner website. They produce traffic for them in exchange of money. Once it enters into your system, it starts displaying annoying ads, variety of pop-ups links and banners. It sets the homepage and search engine of the web browser to ‘myway.com’.
How does it enter into your system?
RecipeHub is a browser hijacker that is commonly bundled with other free programs that you download off the internet. It will inject pop-up ads, banner advertisements and in text ads. If you see all these ads on your screen then your PC is infected with RecipeHub. Your browser will start behaving in an unwanted manner. But you don’t have to worry, here is a tool to remove this hijacker. It is necessary to remove it as it will track your personal information and may pass to third party to generate revenue, if not removed. It will change your browser settings, which you may find difficult to reset again to default. It is an untrustworthy, third party application which is made to promote adware program.
- Random web page text gets turned into hyperlinks.
- Displays annoying ads on your screen.
- Slowed down browsing speed.
- A sluggish PC.
- System exposed to other malware.
- Changed homepage and search provider.Same behavior can also be seen in FileShareFanatic.
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer
How to remove RecipeHub:
You can remove it using the given methods:
- Automatic: Remove RecipeHub using RecipeHub RemovalTool.
- Manual: Remove RecipeHub manually.
Scan your PC with:
- Download RecipeHub RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
How to remove RecipeHub manually?
Steps to remove ‘RecipeHub’ from Google Chrome:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box which appears, type this path: ‘%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data‘.
- Search for Default folder and then Extensions
- Delete the folder that would be named somewhat like this: ‘foagdimkhngpckboligookcjcmfnnbdk’ and ‘abihoikmfaflfjphkfomnelmnlbgmhok’.
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Now go to Menu > More Tools > Extensions.
- Delete the extension named ‘RecipeHub’ .
Steps to remove ‘RecipeHub’ from Mozilla Firefox:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, type this path: ‘%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles‘.
- Click on the folder with ‘.default’ appended in the folder name. For e.g.: ‘e6x5wbsb.default‘.
- In this folder, delete ‘search.json.mozlz4‘.
- In the same folder, click on ‘Extensions’ folder and delete the file named _2jMembers_@free.recipehub.com.
- Set your favorite homepage.
- Now restart your browser.
Steps to remove ‘RecipeHub’ from Internet Explorer:
- Open Internet Explorer (IE).
- Go to Tools –> Click on Internet Options.
- From the listed tabs, click on ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Under ‘Reset Internet Explorer settings’ option, click on ‘Reset…’.
- Set the homepage of your choice.
Tips to Prevent RecipeHub From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like RecipeHub. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Malware Crusher. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.