Screen dream is another browser hijacker by Search.mysearch.com, which gives the users various options to watch latest movies, movie trailers, upcoming movies, news and movie reviews. Once the user gets fascinated with these attractive ads and clicks on any of these links, the infection gets into the user’s computer. It creates a new tab and redirects the browser to Search.mysearch.com search engine.
Behavioral changes post the infections in your computer-
- Screen dream adds new tab URL, homepage, and a default search engine to mysearch.com.
- This browser redirector significantly diminishes the Internet browsing experience.
- Screen dream may steal your privacy and also infect your computer.
- Apart from getting many redirects by this browser hijacker, you may see endless ads such as banners, pop–ups and thumbnails.
- Google Chrome.
- Internet Explorer.
How to Remove This Hijacker
You can remove it using the given methods:
1.Method-Automatic: Remove by using Screen dream Removal Tool
2. Method -Manual: Remove Screen dream using manual steps.
Scan your PC with Screen dream Removal Tool
- Download Screen dream RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
Screen dream RemovalTool
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
How to Remove “Screen dream” Manually?
Steps to remove “Screen dream” from Google Chrome.
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, type this path: ‘%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data‘.
- Search for Default and then Extensions
- Delete the folder that would be named somewhat like this: “ihkebknefhpccekfnimcmmmffpbnkeen and mfbmncknobdbjdjpaobemdmmpogbnijh’.
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Now go to Menu > More Tools > Extensions.
- Delete the extension named ‘Screen dream‘
- Browser settings changed to default and the browser hijacker is removed.
Steps to remove ‘Screen dream’ from Internet Explorer:
- Open Internet Explorer (IE).
- Go to Toolsà Click on Internet Options.
- From the listed tabs, click on ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Under ‘Reset Internet Explorer settings’ option, click on ‘Reset…’.
- Set the homepage of your choice.
If you’ve become a victim to other hijackers (Everyday Manuals Removal Tool)apart from this, you can easily remove them using their tools from howtoremoveit’s blog.
Tips to Prevent Screen dream From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like Screen dream. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Free Malware RemovalTool. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.