Search.classifiedlist is listed under browser hijacker category. It is installed in your computer as an add-on or an extension.
Search.classifiedlist gives you a false view of finding good deals and various types of discounts on numerous e-shops but instead it takes over your browser and changes all the settings of that browser along with changing the homepage and various other things.
How did it get there?
Search.classifiedlist reaches your system by hiding itself in various apps that are bundled together in a computer program and when this program/software is downloaded it gives a free path to search.classifiedlist to enter in your system.
It is also installed in your system by the means of suspicious freeware or shareware.
Link for removing the virus directly : ClassifiedList_RemovalTool
Nature and behavioral analysis.
Search.classifiedlist is a very threatful browser hijacker which takes over your browser and changes your browsers home page to http://search.classifiedlist.net/ ans also to http://query.classifiedlist.net/ .
An infected browser will behave haphazardly, some of the behavioural activities of search.classifiedlist are listed below:
- classifiedlist changes the homepage of your browser to its own defined homepage.
- It navigates you to unknown Sponsored URLs from the URLs you want to visit which in turn is providing traffic to third party.
- Too many pop ups , frustrating ads and banners being displayed on your browsing window and a single click on any of them will redirect you to the advertised product.
- Changing your browser’s settings.
- Stealing your personal and private information like bank account details, passwords etc.
- Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
How to Remove Search.classifiedlist?
Removing search.classifiedlist browser hijacker from your system is a very easy task if you do it with the tool provided below, but the same removal can turn out to be a very time consuming task if done manually.
Method 1: By downloading ClassifiedList_RemovalTool.
Method 2: Manual steps of removal.
Scan your PC with ClassifiedList_RemovalTool.
- Download search.classifiedlist RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
How to remove Search.classifiedlist manually?
Manual Process of removing this browser hijacker will leave some files behind in your system. So I will advise you to download the tool provided above to remove the browser hijacker directly in just a few clicks.
Steps to remove Search.classifiedlist from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Go toTools à Click on Internet Options.
- From the given tabs, click on ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Under ‘Reset Internet Explorer settings’ option, click on ‘Reset’ option.
- Set the homepage to the one you want to use.
Browser settings changed to default and the browser hijacker is removed.
Steps to remove http://search.classifiedlist.net/ from Google Chrome
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, type this path: “%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data”.
Search for Default and then Extensions folder.
- Delete the folder named“kdnhgjpilcnlcnddmhalandlmmihmmbp”.
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Go toMenu à More Tools à Extensions.
- Delete the extension named “Watchonlinestreams”.
The infected extension will be removed. Please note that the residue files might still be left behind in this method.
Steps to remove http://search.classifiedlist.net/ from Mozilla Firefox
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, type this path: “%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles”.
- Click on the folder with“.default” For eg: ‘e6x5wbsb.default‘.
- In this folder, delete ‘json.mozlz4‘.
- In the same folder, click on ‘Extensions‘ folder and delete the file named “_@Classifieds.xpi”.
- Now set the homepage and restart your browser.
Tips to Prevent Search.classifiedlist Toolbar From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like Search.classifiedlist Redirect. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Free Malware RemovalTool. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.