Search encrypt is an advertising program that gets installed in your PC in the form of an extension. It is a browser hijacker which can ruin your computer’s settings. Search encrypt emerges as default start-up page and acts like your usual search engine. It is a misleading application that is listed under the adware category. It is classified as a potentially unwanted program.
How does it enter in your PC?
Users may get this unwanted program by downloading any free software from a random website. It starts displaying pop-up links and also displays a lot of advertisements automatically, which can damage your system. It immediately works as the default homepage and search tool. Main objective of this adware is to gain profit from online advertisements. This adware tracks your search activities, gather the data and pass the information to third party with the aim of promoting the advertisements.
How malicious is it?
- You will notice that the Search encrypt toolbar gets added on your browser.
- Keeps the gathered data and tracks the user’s browsing history and keywords used.
- They may send this sensitive information to the third party, to generate revenue.
- It may freeze your system.
- Makes your online privacy vulnerable to threat.
- Changes the default home page and search engine.
- Adds an extension to your browser settings.
- It also slows down your browsing speed.
- Too many pop-up ads and banners on the user’s browser.
- Redirects you to the new URL, automatically.
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer
How to Remove Search encrypt:
You can remove it using the given methods:
- Automatic: Remove Search encrypt using exe
- Manual: Remove Search encrypt
Scan your PC with:
- Download Search encrypt RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
Search encrypt RemovalTool
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
How to Remove Search encrypt Manually?
Steps to remove Search encrypt from Google Chrome:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box which appears, type the path: ‘%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data‘.
- Search for Default folder and then Extensions
- Delete the folder that would be named somewhat like this: ‘homdopmpokbgedggpjfgdkddiohnlilf’.
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Now go to Menu > More Tools > Extensions.
- Delete the extension named ‘Search encrypt’.
Steps to remove ‘Search encrypt’ from Mozilla Firefox:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, type this path: ‘%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles‘.
- Click on the folder with ‘.default’ appended in the folder name. For eg: ‘e6x5wbsb.default‘.
- In this folder, delete ‘json.mozlz4‘.
- In the same folder, click on ‘Extensions’ folder and delete the file named @searchencrypt.xpi.
- Set your favorite homepage.
- Now restart your browser.
Steps to remove File Send Suite from Internet Explorer:
- Open Internet Explorer (IE).
- Go to Tools –> Click on Internet Options.
- From the listed tabs, click on ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Under ‘Reset Internet Explorer settings’ option, click on ‘Reset…’.
- Set the homepage of your choice.
Tips to Prevent Search encrypt From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like Search encrypt. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Free Malware RemovalTool. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.