Search Incognito is a misleading browser extension which leads to the appearance of several pop-up ads on your browser. It is a browser hijacker which enters your system while browsing any porn websites, spam emails, etc. It can also enter through freeware installer and fake software update links. This infection control your browsers and can steal your browsing history.
Search Incognito displays banners and coupons from sites you have recently visited. Its main aim is to attract users to enter into their system. Get rid of this malware by taking the help of the tool provided below in this post or by looking at the manual removal steps.The same behavior can also be seen in GetFormsOnline Browser Redirect
Malicious Effects of Search Incognito
- This hijacks your web browser homepage and default search engine.
- It exhibits spam popups to cheat you to buy useless products or services.
- It can alter registry files to change the entire computer system.
- It changes browser settings and homepage.
- It decreases system performance.
How does it enter your system?
This browser hijacker enters your system by being a part of freeware software you might have downloaded recently. It also enters the computer through “pay-per-click” system.
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer
How to remove Search Incognito?
There are two process to remove this:
Our Automatic Tool
Remove Search Incognito Using SearchIncognito Removal Tool
- Download SearchIncognito RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
How to Remove “Search Incognito” Manually?
Steps to remove ‘Search Incognito’ from Mozilla Firefox:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, type this path: ‘%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles.
- Click on the folder with ‘.default’ appended in the folder name. For eg: ‘e6x5wbsb.default‘.
- In this folder, delete ‘search. json. mozlz4‘.
- In the same folder, click on ‘Extensions’ folder and delete the folder named ‘@searchincognito.xpi ’.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Go to Tools and click on Internet Options.
- From the given tabs, click on ‘Advanced’ button.
- Under ‘Reset Internet Explorer settings’ option, click on the ‘Reset’ button.
- Set the homepage to the one you want to use.
- Browser settings changed to default and the browser hijacker is removed.
Tips to Prevent SearchIncognito From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like SearchIncognito. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Free Malware RemovalTool. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.