Are you annoyed with the pop-up ads while trying to access web sites on the internet? Does your browser look somewhat like the image below? If yes then your browser is infected with Search-quick.com Virus. Search-quick.com virus operates as a browser hijacker or as an adware. Search-quick.com is a website crawler with sponsored information.
This program replaces your homepage and default search engine to Search-quick.com and brings some more disturbance on your computer. You will encounter the problem when you download an application called MPlayerX in your MAC in order to watch any episode. This problem mainly occurs while using SAFARI. Every time you will search anything you will get a pop up on a new tab. This adware apparently follows a bundling workflow to adulterate Mac devices. Search-quick.com toolbar falls into the category called PUP (Potentially Unwanted Programs) that leads to pop-up ads or third-party sponsored links. Their main purpose is to generate traffic for their partner’s site in exchange of money. They generate traffic for them by displaying too many ads on your screen.
Browsers affected by Search-quick.com:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet explorer
How does Search-quick.com infect my MAC?
As a Spyware, it hides on your computer, recording how many times you visit a particular website or what types of websites are you visiting. The main method used for distributing this search engine is called “bundling.” They infect your browser cloaked under a freeware, shareware. There are many ways from where they can enter into your system. It comes from freeware installation that helps adware or spyware infect your system. Thus, always read the terms and conditions carefully before installing such software. It is also a good idea to carefully read the installation screens while installing such freeware. It also finds its way through spam emails or file shares.
Detected behaviors of Search-quick.com:
- Hijacks your browser and takes over homepage immediately.
- Modify the browser default setting randomly.
- Generate a lot of advertisements on your screen.
- Creates a lot of vicious vulnerabilities.
- Slows down your PC performance.
- Opens new redirect site instead of your desired one.
- Open backdoors to help attacker to enter into your system.
- Damages crucial system files to trigger severe malfunctions.
Tips to Prevent Search-quick.com From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like Search-quick.com. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Free Malware RemovalTool. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.