(search.searchcoupon) Coupon Unity is a browser extension which gives you the lowest prices for all the online goods you might want to purchase. It allows you to compare the prices of different stores, informs you about the discounts and even provides you the coupon codes. But, this free offer comes with a heavy price, as this browser hijacker can get into your PC and infect it. You will experience that the browsing and operating speed of your PC has slowed down. It displays different types of ads on your Internet browser to generate traffic from them and make money. “Coupon Unity” is a sign of trouble. Get ready to see a lot of pop-up ads, banner ads, interstitial ads, video ads.The same behavior can also be seen in (AllInOneDocs Toolbar Removal Tool)browser hijacker.
Coupon Unity Removal Tool
Its Malicious Effects-
- Coupon Unity collects sensitive information from the user’s computer such as passwords, search queries, browsing history, IP address, phone number, credit card data and home address, and gives it to the third parties.
- This may lead to blackmailing of the user and an attempt to steal his/her Internet accounts and make money.
- This browser hijacker will perform a scan of your system, for the web-browser shortcuts and modify them without the user’s permission.
Common symptoms of Coupon Unity threat:
- Seeing multiple pop-up ads and banner ads. At times, pop ups may occupy the full screen.
- Fake alerts on your screen, claiming that you need to update Java, Flash Player or FLV Player.
- Some unwanted programs may get installed without the user’s knowledge.
- The browser is slowing down or even crashing.
- Automatic redirects to third-party commercial websites.
- Sluggish PC performance, system errors and crashes.
- The default browser homepage getting changed without the user’s permission.
- You cannot uninstall this unwanted program
- Targeted browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
How to Remove Coupon Unity Browser Hijacker?
You can remove it using the given methods:
- Automatic: Removing Coupon Unity using Coupon Unity Removal Tool
- Manual: Removing Coupon Unity Manually
Scan your PC with:
- Download Coupon Unity RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
Coupon Unity RemovalTool
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
How to Remove Coupon Unity Browser Manually?
Steps to remove ‘Coupon Unity’ from Google Chrome:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box which appears, type this path: ‘%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data‘.
- Search for Default folder and then Extensions
- Delete the folder that would be named somewhat like this: ‘dkamckpaeijignpbobpecclholpnhbpi’.
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Now go to Menu > More Tools > Extensions.
- Delete the extension named ‘Coupon Unity’.
Steps to remove ‘Coupon Unity’ from Mozilla Firefox:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, type this path: ‘%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles‘.
- Click on the folder with ‘.default’ appended in the folder name. For e.g.: ‘e6x5wbsb.default‘.
- In this folder, delete ‘json.mozlz4‘.
- In the same folder, click on ‘Extensions’ folder and delete the file named @Coupons.xpi
- Set your favorite homepage.Now restart your browser.
Steps to remove ‘Internet Speed Utility’ from Internet Explorer:
- Open Internet Explorer (IE).
- Go to Tools Click on Internet Options.
- From the listed tabs, click on ‘Advanced’
- Under ‘Reset Internet Explorer settings’ option, click on ‘Reset…’.
- Set the homepage of your choice.
- Browser settings changed to default and the browser hijacker is removed
Tips to Prevent Coupon Unity From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like Coupon Unity. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Free Malware RemovalTool. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.