Find free recipes (search.searchffr.com) display many attractive food pictures which can force you to click on their install button but this is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) which is categorized as a browser hijacker. Users may think that this application will help them to plan their diet or find their required recipes for free but you shouldn’t get tempted, because this is actually a malware and can cause trouble to your system. It modifies your browser settings like default homepage and also creates its own search engine. It will redirect you to search.searchffr.com, automatically. This infection penetrates into Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer.
How does it enter into your PC? How malicious it is?
Find Free Recipes will enter into your system without your knowledge. Users may believe that this site will teach you how to make delicious food using their recipes for free but this is fake. They promote ads through this program and make money by promoting their ads. When it starts displaying a lot of pop-up links and annoying advertisements, it means that your system is infected. Find free recipes adds a new tab URL and changes your homepage and the default search engine to search.searchffr.com. This browser hijacker will slow down your browsing speed. It can prove to be dangerous to your system.
- Browser will get redirected to search.searchffr.com, automatically.
- Adware will create additional pop-ups, ads, banners and videos.
- It will slow down the operating speed of your system.
- It will alter the default browser settings.
- Google chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet explorer
How to Remove Find Free Recipes?
You can remove it using the given methods:
- Automatic: Remove Find Free Recipes using exe
- Manual: Remove Find Free Recipes
Scan your PC with:
- Download FindfreeRecipes RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
How to Remove Find Free Recipes Manually?
Steps to remove FindFreeRecipes from Google Chrome:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box which appears, type the path: ‘%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data‘.
- Search for Default folder and then Extensions
- Delete the folder that would be named somewhat like this: ‘oggkjpicjhplpnkimmkdimdfhadcimob’.
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Now go to Menu > More Tools > Extensions.
- Delete the extension named ‘FindFreeRecipes’
Steps to remove ‘Find Free Recipes’ from Mozilla Firefox:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, type this path: ‘%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles‘.
- Click on the folder with ‘.default’ appended in the folder name. For eg: ‘e6x5wbsb.default‘.
- In this folder, delete ‘json.mozlz4‘.
- In the same folder, click on ‘Extensions’ folder and delete the file named @Recipes.xpi.
- Set your favorite homepage.
- Now restart your browser.
Steps to remove File Send Suite from Internet Explorer:
- Open Internet Explorer (IE).
- Go to Toolsà Click on Internet Options.
- From the listed tabs, click on ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Under ‘Reset Internet Explorer settings’ option, click on ‘Reset…’.
- Set the homepage of your choice.
Tips to Prevent Find free recipes From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like Find free recipes. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Free Malware RemovalTool. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.