Search.searchmab.com(Map Beast) is a malware program that alters your computer’s browser setting and it will redirect you to the website that you had no intention of visiting. Search results are altered, showing incorrect information, spam or third party advertisements, who pay for that service because of the traffic that it generates. It generates a pop-up adware and spyware and the browser hijacker is installed as a freeware installation.
‘MAP BEAST by SaferBrowser’ homepage will reflect on your homepage after you have installed a free software. It is an unwanted search engine installed by MapBeast by SaferBrowser hijacker.
How does it enter in your PC? how malicious is it?
This infection enters into your computer when you install a freeware that is bundled with this hijacker. After installation, you will realize that your search page is changed into search.seachmab.com. This malicious software gets into the PC without the permission of user and causes unrecoverable damage to your system. While surfing, you might have clicked on a malicious link which led to this infection.
- Google chrome
- Mozilla firefox
- Internet explorer
- Your browser settings will change.
- Default homepage will change into search.searchmab.com.
- The internet browsing experience is reduced to a great extent.
- Unnecessary thumbnails have been added to the homepage.
How to remove search.searchmab.com:
You can remove it using the given methods:
- Automatic: Remove searchmab.com using MapBeast_RemovalTool.exe.
- Manual: Removesearchmab manually.
Scan your PC with:
- Download MAP BEAST RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
MAP BEAST RemovalTool
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
How to remove search.searchmab.com manually?
Steps to remove search.searchmab alerts from Google Chrome:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box which appears, type the path: ‘%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data‘.
- Search for Default folder and then Extensions
- Delete the folder that would be named somewhat like this: ‘naecodkghkamnlkbccpkalkekccbhcgd’.
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Now go to Menu > More Tools > Extensions.
- Delete the extension named ‘searchmab’
Steps to remove ‘search.searchmab’ from Mozilla Firefox:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, type this path: ‘%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles‘.
- Click on the folder with ‘.default’ appended in the folder name. For eg: ‘e6x5wbsb.default‘.
- In this folder, delete ‘json.mozlz4‘.
- In the same folder, click on ‘Extensions‘ folder and delete the folder named @Maps.xpi.
- Set your favorite homepage.
- Now restart your browser.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Go to Tools –> Click on Internet Options.
- From the given tabs, click on ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Under ‘Reset Internet Explorer settings’ option , click on ‘Reset’ option.
- Set the homepage to the one you want to use.
Browser settings changed to default and the browser hijacker is removed.
Tips to Prevent Map Beast From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like Map Beast. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Free Malware RemovalTool. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.