search.searchyff.com (Your Free Forms) is a browser hijacker that settles in your computer when you click on random malicious links or download insecure programs from anonymous websites. It controls your browser by making search.searchyff.com your homepage and default search engine. It also takes over the new tab page.
How did it get there?
You can become a victim of search.searchyff.com (Your Free Forms) if you have a habit of downloading applications from third-party websites. You can also encounter this hijacker while installing any new software.
The hijacked browser looks like this:
search.searchyff.com (Your Free Forms) targets all the major web browsers which are:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer
How Malicious is it?
- searchyff.com (Your Free Forms) distributes advertisements to gain web traffic and increase sales. It is designed to transfer and record your online behavior. So, you could see pop-up ads appearing on your browser.
- It might lead to untrustworthy search results instead of returning results that are related to the exact word entered into the search box of the search engine. These untrustworthy results promote unreliable websites which could have bad software themselves.
- It could track users and collect various details about their browsing activities. Your privacy could be compromised because you might end up on third-party websites.
If you accidentally install this browser hijacker on your browser, you’ll notice the following changes:
- When you launch the browser, the homepage and new tab page have been changed to search.searchyff.com.
- The default search engine has been changed to yahoo.com. Whenever you search anything, you are redirected to yahoo’s search engine.
- Several bookmarks related to forms appear on the browser.
- Various unnecessary thumbnails have been added to the homepage.
How to Remove search.searchyff.com (Your Free Forms) using YourFreeFormsRemovalTool?
- Download search.searchyff.com RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
How to remove search.searchyff.com (Your Free Forms) manually?
Steps to remove search.searchyff.com (Your Free Forms) from Google Chrome:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, type the following path: ‘%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data‘.
- Go to Default and then Extensions
- Delete the folder named ‘negnicfebfaojegapbopcmppdhebfcih’.
- Go back to the browser.
- Now, go to Menu > More Tools > Extensions
- Delete the extension named ‘Your Free Forms‘.
This procedure will remove the infected extension from the browser.
Steps to remove search.searchyff.com (Your Free Forms) from Mozilla Firefox:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, type this path: ‘%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles’.
- Click on the folder with ‘.default’ text in the end of its name. For eg: ‘e6x5wbsb.default‘.
- Delete ‘json.mozlz4’ in this folder.
- In the same folder, go into ‘Extensions’ folder and delete ‘@FormsApp.xpi’.
- Set your desired homepage.
Now restart Mozilla. The infected extension will be removed.
Steps to remove search.searchyff.com (Your Free Forms) from IE:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Go to Tools > Internet Options.
- From the available tabs, click on the ‘Advanced’
- Under ‘Reset Internet Explorer settings’, click on ‘Reset…’
- Set the homepage according to your choice.
This will reset the browser settings and the hijacker will be removed.
Following the above manual steps will help you get rid of search.searchyff.com (Your Free Forms) hijacker on a temporary basis only. The hijacker may re-appear anytime later as remnant files can be left behind in this method. So, it is always advised to use the Browser Hijacker Removal Tool to remove this infection.
Tips to Prevent search.searchyff.com Toolbar From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like search.searchyff.com Redirect. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Free Malware RemovalTool. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.