This is a PUP and browser hijacker which come into your computer as a bundled program, how does one identify if your computer is infected with this browser hijacker? Once SurFilters adware is running on the computer, it will begin to show advertisements., annoying ads appear in various formats including pop-up ads, banner, text link, or sidebar.
Why should you remove this from your computer?
This is a redirect infection which affects your browsing tasks severely by altering the search engine and start up page. Besides installing unknown applications, you may also observe appearance of other things like toolbar, home page hijacker, and unwanted search engine.
There are two removal steps, as given below: –
Method 1: By downloading SurFilters_RemovalTool.
Method 2: Manual steps of removal.
Scan your PC with SurFilters_RemovalTool
- Download SurFilters RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
Steps to remove SurFilters from Google Chrome:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box which appears, type the path: ‘%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data‘.
- Search for Default folder and then Extensions
- Delete the folder that would be named somewhat like this ‘ngpdbjphnondjffhicbejfcghnhinheh’.
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Now go to Menu > More Tools > Extensions.
- Delete the extension named ‘SurFilters’
Tips to Prevent SurFilters From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like SurFilters. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Free Malware RemovalTool. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.