Television Fanatic is a toolbar powered by Mindspark. It offers a quick access to television programs, announcements, popular news sites, television listings, recaps, news and online television streaming, including recently aired and archived programs from TV networks and multimedia websites. This browser hijacker also provides access to other media services, such as online radio and games.
How harmful is this hijacker to your computer?
This infection will start gathering information such as the web addresses of the sites you visit, visited IP addresses, search history of your computer, web browse history etc., and later, this collected information will be sold or shared with 3rd parties or marketing agencies. In addition, it may start initiating non-stop redirects to unknown websites, displaying a lot of annoying pop-up ads, slowdowns and other problems.The same behavior can also be seen in (GameOn Extension) browser hijacker.
Behavior Changes in the computer:
- Television Fanatic browser hijacker can alter your search results, change homepage, browser settings and search engine.
- Once your PC gets infected, whenever you attempt to open a new tab it takes you to its own search engine hp.myway.com.
- Television Fanatic will fill your browser screen with unwanted advertisements, trying to attract more users to the advertised web pages and generate income from the online traffic.
HOW TO REMOVE TELEVISION FANATIC BROWSER HIJACKER:
There are two process-
Automatic- Remove by using Television Fanatic Removal Tool
Manual- Remove Television Fanatic Manually.
Scan your PC with Television Fanatic Removal Tool
- Download Television Fanatic RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
Television Fanatic RemovalTool.
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
How to Remove “Television Fanatic” Manually?
Steps to remove “Television Fanatic” from Google Chrome.
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, type this path: ‘%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data‘.
- Search for Default and then Extensions
- Delete the folder that would be named somewhat like this: ‘ppgplhcfmaadpnkmnkhgadmaekeldbnh‘
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Now go to Menu > More Tools > Extensions.
- Delete the extension named ‘Television Fanatic ‘
Steps to remove ‘Television Fanatic’ from Mozilla Firefox:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, type this path: ‘%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles.
- Click on the folder with ‘.default’ appended in the folder name. For eg: ‘e6x5wbsb.default‘.
- In this folder, delete ‘search.json.mozlz4‘.
- In the same folder, click on ‘Extensions’ folder and delete’ _64Members_@www.televisionfanatic.com’named folder.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Go to Tools –> Click on Internet Options.
- From the given tabs, click on ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Under ‘Reset Internet Explorer settings’ option, click on ‘Reset’
- Set the homepage to the one you want to use.
- Browser settings changed to default and the browser hijacker is removed.
Tips to Prevent Television Fanatic Toolbar From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like Television Fanatic. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Malware Crusher. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.