CryMore is a recently well-known Ransomware virus. This name became famous after WannaCry. These are the cyber threats based on Hidden Tear Ransomware. The virus is designed to encrypt different music, audio, video, pictures, images, documents, databases, configuration and other files. Crymore ransomware take the access of system and then use it to blackmail victims. The ransomware may encrypt or delete files based on a predefined list of file extensions. It also encrypt files on your computer and displays a ransom message. It is also capable of deleting some of the records based on their extension.
How it spreads by the hackers?
- Spam emails
- Email Attachments
- Freeware bundles with unique code like crymore.
- Social media
- File sharing services
They demand for the ransom in the form of bitcoins where victims got confused or shocked that what happened to their data and victim’s got paralyzed in this situation. The ransom note will tell you about, how to buy the bitcoins and how to use it. They also give the timer to pay the ransom amount in the given time period, timer will display on your screen. So here we are to help you out from this crymore attacker or blackmailers.
Don’t pay the ransom amount (money, bitcoins) which they are demanding because it is not guaranteed that they will return you your data back or decrypt your files. In this case it will be a double loss to you, first of data and second of money. Their main purpose is to collect money from the nervous and scared victims. We advise you to use Malware removal tool or malware scanner to keep your Pc safe. If you already have the virus removal software in your system, then ensure that you have the latest version installed.
How it enter into your system and how to prevent from it?
Most popular way to enter into your system is through email. They mainly rely on this technique. They will make you believe that, this mail is genuine from the bank, online shopping sites, or well-known companies but in-turn is always a spam. They also hack your friend’s account and send a mail from their end to look actual. So never open an email from unknown sources. Avoid clicking suspicious content while surfing online. Download and install files only from trusted and faithful sources. You have to be very cautious as these types of ransom malware including CryMore may get into your computer.
This Trojan based program runs in background of the user’s PC, so it is too difficult to remove it manually.
Tips to Prevent CryMore Ransomware Virus From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like CryMore Ransomware Virus. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Malware Crusher. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.