Is your browser redirecting you to Tvhero(tvhero.thewhizmarketing) whenever you open your browser or is it navigating you to a new tab? If YES then your system is infected with a browser hijacker named tvhero.thewhizmarketing.
TVHERO is a PUP (potentially unwanted program) and it resides in your browser as an add-on extension. It will hijack your browser and will change its settings which will result in redirecting you from the URL you want to visit to some other sponsored URL or changing your browser’s homepage to tvhero.thewhizmarketing
How did it get there?
tvhero.thewhizmarketing is usually installed in your system without asking your permission. It is bundled up with other small programs and hides in between those programs. When you install this program/application from internet then this program/application gives this browser hijacker a free passage to get into your system and once it gets inside your system, it starts changing your browser’s settings and takes over your whole browser.
Nature and behavioral analysis.
tvhero.thewhizmarketing is a highly nasty and unreliable browser extension which takes over your whole browser and changes the default settings. It can also bring some other virus/infection along with itself.
It is considered to be a very harmful threat and very frustrating also.
If you are noticing the under defined behavior by your browser then your browser is hijacked by tvhero.thewhizmarketing:
- It is Installed in your system without your permission.
- Annoyingly redirect from one URL to another, just to increase traffic of other sites.
- Too many pop up ads while browsing.
- Browsers settings getting changed automatically.
- Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
How to Remove tvhero.thewhizmarketing?
Removing tvhero.thewhizmarketing browser hijacker from your system is a very easy task if you do it with the tool provided below, but the same removal can turn out to be a very time consuming task, if done manually.
Method 1: Remove it by downloading TVHero_RemovalTool.
Method 2: Remove it through Manual steps of tvhero.thewhizmarketing.
Scan your PC with TVHero_RemovalTool.
- Download tvhero.thewhizmarketing RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
How to remove tvhero.thewhizmarketing manually?
Manual Process of removing this browser hijacker will leave some files behind in your system. So I will advise you to download the tool provided above to remove the browser hijacker directly in just a few clicks.
Steps to remove tvhero.thewhizmarketing from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Go toTools –> Click on Internet Options.
- From the given tabs, click on ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Under ‘Reset Internet Explorer settings’ option, click on ‘Reset’ option.
- Set the homepage to the one you want to use.
Browser settings changed to default and the browser hijacker is removed.
Steps to remove tvhero.thewhizmarketing from Google Chrome
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, type this path: “%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data”.
Search for Default and then Extensions folder.
- Delete the folder named“ecbbphbhpfbhokahflocngdepmflmind”.
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Go toMenu –> More Tools –> Extensions.
- Delete the extension named “TV Hero”.
The infected extension will be removed. Please note that the residue files might still be left behind in this method.
Tips to Prevent tvhero.thewhizmarketing Toolbar From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like tvhero.thewhizmarketing. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Free Malware RemovalTool. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.