Well, if your browser is opening as soon as you turn on your PC or redirecting you from the URL you want to visit to some random other URL or if you are getting too many ads on your browsing screen or your homepage is set to watchonlinestreams.com, then your system is infected with watchonlinestreams browser hijacker but don’t you worry about it, we will be giving you the best possible answer on how to remove it in just few simple steps.
watchonlinestreams is a browser hijacker which hijacks your browser and redirects you to other pages and URLs to give those URLs and pages more traffic as their owners paid watchonlinestreams for bringing more traffic. Watchonlinestreams also displays pop up ads on the browsing screen which promote various products through those ads.
How did it get there?
Watchonlinestreams stretches through various extensions and plug-ins in your system or getting installed as a free part of some software that you downloaded from some malicious site. Freeware and shareware are the source of this browser hijacker as watchonlinestreams is bundled up with many other software and enter in your system at the time of downloading.
Nature and behavioral analysis.
Watchonlinestreams is a very malicious and deceptive browser extension which can take over your whole browser and can change the default settings along with many other things.
Watchonlinestreams, as the name suggest misleads you that you can watch TV, match and movies online from your computer but in turn it is giving a good passage to a browser hijacker which will enter in your system and will steal your private information.
If you are noticing the under defined behavior by your browser then your browser is hijacked by watchonlinestreams.com :
- Homepage changing to watchonlinestreams.com from your basic usual homepage, automatically.
- Unwanted redirect from one URL to another, just to increase traffic of other sites.
- Too many pop up ads while browsing.
- Automatic navigating to other pages just by clicking on browsing screen.
- Browsers settings changed automatically.
- Browser not allowing to move from one page to other until and unless you download the software on that particular page.
- Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
How to Remove Watchonlinestreams?
Removing watchonlinestreams browser hijacker from your system is a very easy task if you do it with the tool provided below, but the same removal can turn out to be a very time consuming task, if done manually.
Method 1: By downloading WatchOnlineStreams_RemovalTool.
Method 2: Manual steps of removal.
Scan your PC with WatchOnlineStreams_RemovalTool.
- Download watchonlinestreams RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
How to remove watchonlinestreams manually?
Manual Process of removing this browser hijacker will leave some files behind in your system. So I will advise you to download the tool provided above to remove the browser hijacker directly in just a few clicks.
Steps to remove watchonlinestreams from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Go toTools –> Click on Internet Options.
- From the given tabs, click on ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Under ‘Reset Internet Explorer settings’ option, click on ‘Reset’ option.
- Set the homepage to the one you want to use.
Browser settings changed to default and the browser hijacker is removed.
Steps to remove http://watchonlinestreams.com from Google Chrome
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, type this path: “%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data”.
Search for Default and then Extensions folder.
- Delete the folder named“clkoaklblpfedoemechicjdgmjdildj”.
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Go toMenu –> More Tools –> Extensions.
- Delete the extension named “Watchonlinestreams”.
The infected extension will be removed. Please note that the residue files might still be left behind in this method.
Tips to Prevent watchonlinestreams Toolbar From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like watchonlinestreams. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Free Malware RemovalTool. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.