Weather Tab is a misleading application which helps the user to get a weather forecast. On initial checking, this function seems to be admissible and useful, but Weather Tab Toolbar has suspicious behavior. It is a browser extension that hijacks popular browsers and can cause serious damage to PC. This extension is listed under a potentially unwanted program. Once this is application is installed on your PC, your home page may get change.
It might look something like this:
How it enters the PC?
It can get into your system without your permission as it attached with free software or either you have downloaded it from the official website. This might happen without your permission. Many users allow them to install by choosing default settings. It comes without user consent. The user may not realize that their computer is infected. Some sites create special download managers that hide malicious software.
How Malicious is it?
- Once installed, you’ll notice that Weather Tab is a part of your browser’s menu.
- They track on victim’s browsing history and keep the gathered data.
- They record all the information that might be useful for their aim to promote ads.
- All this sensitive information can also be sent to the third party to generate revenue.
- Displays banner ads, pop-up ads, in-text links and other ads to every website that the user visits. Some of these ads may redirect to harmful web pages.
In case the system has been infected with this browser hijacker, the following changes will be noticed by the user:
- Browser will automatically redirect to another search engine.
- The user will experience inaccurate search results.
- An extensive number of pop-ups and banners on the user’s browser.
- Ads may redirect to harmful web pages.
- PC may get slow down.
Weather Tab targets the major browsers like:
- Internet Explorer (IE)
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
How to Remove Weather Tab Toolbar?
You can remove the Weather Tab hijacker using the following methods:
- Method 1: Removing Weather Tab using Weather_Tab_RemovalTool.
- Method 2: Removing Weather Tab manually
Remove Weather Tab Automatically
Download the removal tool by clicking on the link given below:
- Download Weather Tab RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
Weather Tab RemovalTool
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
Removing Weather Tab Manually
Steps to remove using Weather Tab from IE:
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Go to Tools > Internet Options.
- From the available tabs, click on ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Under ‘Reset Internet Explorer settings’, click ‘Reset’.
- Set the homepage to your favorite one.
- Browser settings will be reset and the browser hijacker will be removed.
Steps to remove using Weather Tab from Google Chrome:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- Now, in the Run box which opens up, type the following path: ‘%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data‘.
- Go to Default
- Navigate to Extensionsfolder inside it.
- Delete the folder named ‘idocpdifaodbmdaicpdebbnbghjldccd’ and ‘doekimkclfdkneemfoandfhlbeiopnpm’.
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Now, go to Menu > More Tools > Extensions and delete the extension named ‘Discover Live Radio’
Steps to remove using Weather Tab from Mozilla Firefox:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, type this path: ‘%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles.
- Now in Profiles, delete the file named ‘@Weather.xpi’.
- Now, go to Menu > More Tools > Extensions and delete the extension named ‘Weather Tab’.
Tips to Prevent Weather Tab From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like Weather Tab. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Free Malware RemovalTool. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.