WeatherHub is just another potentially unwanted program (PUP). This will fake you by showing the quick weather updates of your desired location, accurate pollen detection, locate allergy areas, but in reality it will redirect you to third party’s website. They will make user believe that it is effective and speedy search engine, but this page will land you on third party site that promotes spyware-type software and a lot of advertisements.
They do this because they are getting paid for promoting their site and getting traffic for them. Basically this is a browser hijacker, which take control over your system and change your homepage and search engine. It not only display a lot of advertisements but also decrease your system performance which can annoy you to next level. It monitors your browsing activity and tracks information such as search queries, page viewed, IP address, URLs visited and other information
How does it enter into your system?
It will install as soon as you click any of their link, and it will install without users permission. This browser hijacker is bundled with other free software that you download of the internet. When you are done with installation it will change your homepage and search engine to searchespro.com. WeatherHub is an ad-based infection that will display a variety of pop-up links, hyperlinks and banner-type threats. This malicious infection is designed to ensure that you will continue receive many advertisements. It is dangerous virus that encrypt your personal and sensitive data and sell it to third partner in aim of generating revenue. It is suggested to keep your device clean from these kind of browser hijacker.
Detected behaviors and nature:
- This browser hijacker will set its own search engine and homepage.
- It also add an extension in your browser settings.
- It will slow down your operating speed.
- Redirects you to different URLs.
- Display too many ads and pop-up links.
- Leakage of data.
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer
How to remove WeatherHub Browser Hijacker
You can remove it using the given methods:
- Automatic: Remove WeatherHub using WeatherHub RemovalTool
- Manual: Remove WeatherHub RemovalTool manually.
Remove WeatherHub using WeatherHub RemovalTool.
- Download WeatherHub RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
How to remove WeatherHub manually?
Steps to remove ‘WeatherHub’ from Google Chrome:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box which appears, type this path: ‘%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data‘.
- Search for Default folder and then Extensions
- Delete the folder that would be named somewhat like this: ‘kbejacapfbbfcbonimhhmpdbbpjdoplf’.
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Now go to Menu > More Tools > Extensions.
- Delete the extension named ‘WeatherHub’.
Steps to remove ‘WeatherHub’ from Mozilla Firefox:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, type this path: ‘%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles‘.
- Click on the folder with ‘.default’ appended in the folder name. For e.g.: ‘e6x5wbsb.default‘.
- In this folder, delete ‘search.json.mozlz4‘.
- In the same folder, click on ‘Extensions’ folder and delete the file named @weather-hub.xpi.
- Set your favorite homepage.
- Now restart your browser.
Steps to remove ‘WeatherHub’ from Internet Explorer:
- Open Internet Explorer (IE).
- Go to Tools –> Click on Internet Options.
- From the listed tabs, click on ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Under ‘Reset Internet Explorer settings’ option, click on ‘Reset…’.
- Set the homepage of your choice.
Tips to Prevent WeatherHub From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like WeatherHub. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Malware Crusher. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.