Is your system infected with virus? Is your browser not functioning properly? Are you getting redirected to other tabs automatically?
Well, if your answer is yes, then your system is infected with a browser hijacker virus because of which all the settings of your browser are either changed or not under your control.
Weatherly, an unreliable application or we can say an online portal which assures you to provide live weather forecast but, instead redirects you to unreliable websites or links which in turn infects or harms your system. Weatherly is a browser hijacker which redirects you to its own set of pages which gives those pages some good amount of traffic, gaining profits because of online advertisements or ads by google AdWords.
How malicious is it?
As soon as this virus or hijacker enters your system it takes over the full control of all your browsers and their settings because of which you start facing problems like navigating you from one webpage to other automatically, browser’s default homepage getting changed etc. It enters in your system as an extension but then starts controlling your browser.
Weatherly redirects you to third party web pages, giving them traffic and creating revenue.
Direct download link –> Weatherly_RemovalTool
How did it get there?
Generally, Weatherly is bundled up with other software that you tend to download from the internet and it also comes by the random third party pop-ups and ad clicks you do on websites.
Major chances of this virus being inserted in your system is during the installation of some random software which you think is legit but instead of that software, this harmful virus is given free passage in your system.
Therefore when Weatherly has entered your system, it will set its own homepage and will redirect the search engine of your browser to “http://search.myweathertab.com“.
Following are the changes that you will notice in case your browser is infected by this hijacker.
- Random ads and links on your browser.
- Homepage and search engine getting changed on its own.
- Navigation from one URL to other without your consent.
- Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
How to Remove Weatherly?
To remove “weatherly” virus elegantly, we are providing you with two methods, but will recommend you that instead of going for manual method of removal you can remove the virus more easily by just clicking on the link given below:
Method 1: By downloading Weatherly_RemovalTool
Method 2: Manual removal
Scan your PC with Weatherly_RemovalTool
- Download Weatherly RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
How to remove weatherly manually?
Manual Process of removing this browser hijacker will leave some files behind in your system. So I will advise you to download the tool provided above to remove the browser hijacker directly in just a few clicks.
Steps to remove Weatherly from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Go toTools à Click on Internet Options.
- From the given tabs, click on ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Under ‘Reset Internet Explorer settings’ option, click on ‘Reset’ option.
- Set the homepage to the one you want to use.
Browser settings changed to default and the browser hijacker is removed.
Steps to remove hp.myways.com from Google Chrome
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, type this path: “%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data”.
- Search for Default and then Extensions folder.
- Delete the folder named“clfhdheleohilnkoidjgkglcbnjdnikm”.
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Go toMenu –> More Tools –> Extensions.
- Delete the extension named “Weatherly”.
The infected extension will be removed. Please note that the residue files might still be left behind in this method.
Steps to remove http://search.myweathertab.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, type this path: “%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles”.
- Click on the folder with“.default” For eg: ‘e6x5wbsb.default‘.
- In this folder, delete ‘json.mozlz4‘.
- In the same folder, click on ‘Extensions‘ folder and delete the file named “_@Weatherly.xpi”.
- Now set the homepage and restart your browser.
Tips to Prevent Weatherly Toolbar From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like Weatherly Redirect. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Free Malware RemovalTool. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.