If you PC is infected with SONAR.Wannacry! Gen2 Ransomware, you will see the following changes
- Sudden Pop-up messages that appear out of nowhere on your PC screen, and are hard to get rid of.
- The files and programs when opened, open up in some unrecognized program.
If you notice any of the above signs, it is a confirmation that your PC is infected with SONAR.Wannacry! Gen2 Virus Ransomware.
How does Sonar Wannacry Virus work?
This virus is from the Trojan horse family which can prove to be a disaster to the computer. It can even be a big threat to your personal information. Sometimes, SONAR.Wannacry! gen2 also replaces the system files with its own files. The SONAR.Wannacry! gen2 virus can modify the DNS settings to block your access to the Internet normally. Junk files are created by this virus to take up the system space capacity which will make the computer work slowly. If this ransomware is not removed quickly, it has the ability to duplicate itself and can keep multiplying only to root itself into system areas. When it reaches the roots deeply and firmly in computer system, it has the ability to disable your antivirus firewall and damage the computer’s troubleshooting modes.
Harmful effects of SONAR.Wannacry! gen2 Virus.
- It will steal all your saved data without your knowledge.
- It will change the registry settings without your permission.
- It will block your windows firewall program or disable your anti-virus software.
- It will silently redirect various types of other harmful or malicious malware to your PC.
- It will display several fake alerts on your computer screen.
Tips to Prevent SONAR.Wannacry Ransomware From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like SONAR.Wannacry! gen2. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Free Malware RemovalTool. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.