XOLZS3C ransomware primarily targets outdated or outmoded Windows operating systems which are no longer supported by Microsoft; although, the latest software versions are not resistant to this ransomware either. X0LZS3C Ransomware is recently identified virus. It infects computer, encrypts all sorts of files and deletes their Volume Shadow Copies, making the data recovery nearly impossible. Files get encrypted, while the crypto virus adds the .x0lzs3c extension to them.
It also encrypt files on your computer and displays a ransom message. It is also capable of deleting some of the records based on their extension. Once infection enters into your system, then it will display a ransom message with the payment instruction. They also put the timer on that message and ransom amount will increase if you won’t able to pay in the given time. They will ask you to pay in bitcoins and instructions will tell you how to use them.
The Ransom message will look like the one shown Below:
“All your important file are include (photos, music , videos …)
You have 2 days to pay us 2 bitcoins in address below , after
48 hours all your file will be gone ok! . After you pay please wait
us about 2-4 hours and your file will decrypt”
Note: This kind of message will appear on your screen with a timer of 48 hours.
How does it enter into your system?
It usually enters inside the PC with a feasible ohayo.exe file extension and make their own way to target any Windows PC as it is connected to the Internet. After entering inside the PC, it encrypted almost all file types including media files, MS Office documents, archives, games, video, and other with .X0LZS3C extension. On the completion of successful encryption procedure, it changes the desktop wallpaper and open a new window that demands victim for a ransom fee. It also enter into your system by the spam emails. Never open an email coming from an unknown source. Avoid clicking suspicious content while surfing online. X0LZS3C Ransomware has been developed by hackers to scare user and extort money from them.
We advise you to use virus removal tool or malware removal tool to keep your PC safe. If you already have the virus removal software in your system, then make sure that you have the latest version installed.
XOLZS3C enters through these file type categories:
Tips to Prevent XOLZS3C Ransomware Virus From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intension to spread malicious programs like XOLZS3C Ransomware Virus. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Malware Crusher. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.