Your Template Finder is an application which is supposed to provide users with quick access to templates for coupons, resumes, flyers, labels etc. But, that’s not what it actually does. It is classified as a potentially unwanted program (well known as browser hijacker). Although this application may seem useful but it can create a lot of trouble for the users such as searches getting directed to different search engine.
If you face several advertisements, pop-ups on your screen or if your default search engine and homepage are changed then your system is affected with this virus. Here is a tool for browser extension removal.
The same behavior can also be seen in My Map Wizard Browser Hijacker
How does it enter your system? How malicious is it?
- Your Template Finder enters your system without your knowledge. Usually it comes bundled with other free programs.
- It may redirect you to promo sites or display banners and coupons during your browsing.
- It collects your browsing history and personal data and transfers it to third parties without your consent.
- It also slows down the browsing speed of your system.
Nature and Behavior
- Advertising banners are injected on the web pages that you are visiting.
- Fake updates will appear on your screen.
- Your Template Finder changes your default homepage and redirects you to its own search engine.
- It also tracks your internet activities and leads to leakage of data.
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer
How to Remove Your Template Finder (Virus Removal Guide)?
If you want to remove Your Template Finder virus from your browser, then follow these steps given below:
- Automatic: Removing ‘’Your Template Finder’’ using YourTemplateFinder RemovalTool
- Manual: Removing ‘‘Your Template Finder’’ manually.
Removing Your Template Finder using YourTemplateFinder RemovalTool:
- Download Your Template Finde RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
Your Template Finde RemovalTool
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
How to Remove Your Template Finder Manually?
Steps to remove ‘Your Template Finder’ from Google Chrome:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box which appears, type the given path: ‘%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data‘.
- Search for Default folder and then Extensions
- Delete the folders that would be named somewhat like this: ‘ennbhebnaajgmjglcmpnlbfgibljddcd’ and ‘bkbpfdkbpbckgkcelkfjjhepmdcdmahi’.
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Now go to Menu > More Tools > Extensions.
- Delete the extension named ‘Your Template Finder’.
Steps to remove ‘Your Template Finder’ from Mozilla Firefox:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, type this path: ‘%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles‘.
- Click on the folder with ‘.default’ appended in the folder name. For e.g.: ‘e6x5wbsb.default‘.
- In this folder, delete ‘search.json.mozlz4‘.
- In the same folder, click on ‘Extensions’ folder and delete the folder named _brMembers_@free.yourtemplatefinder.com.
- Set your favorite homepage.
- Now restart your browser.
Steps to remove ‘Your Template Finder’ from Internet Explorer:
- Open Internet Explorer (IE).
- Go to Tools–>Click on Internet Options.
- From the listed tabs, click on ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Under ‘Reset Internet Explorer settings’ option, click on ‘Reset…’.
- Set the homepage of your choice.
Tips to Prevent Your Template Finder From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like Your Template Finder. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Free Malware RemovalTool. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.