Worried about how to remove the irritating browser hijacker “Zipfiletab” that’s constantly disturbing your internet surfing experience? The following article will help you get rid of this infection.
What is Zipfiletab?
Zipfiletab is a browser extension which claims to provide useful functionalities but is completely useless. It actually is a hijacker which hijacks your browser and changes the homepage. It is an infection which modifies the behavior of your browser when it is installed on your computer. It affects your browser settings in such a way that while surfing, you are redirected to those websites that you had no intention of visiting.
To remove it from the browser, download the ZipFileTab_RemovalTool (Browser hijacker removal tool) here.
How did it Attack my Browser?
This browser hijacker got into your computer probably when you were looking for compressing zip files over the internet. It might have entered into your computer as a bundled program in the form of freeware, shareware, spam email attachments, etc.
A small icon on the top right-hand corner of the browser like the one displayed below highlighted in red indicates that your computer is infected.
If you’ve unintentionally become a victim of this browser hijacker, you’ll notice the following behavior:
- The default search engine has been changed to yahoo.com. Whenever you search anything through the browser, the search is redirected to yahoo.com.
- The web browsing speed has slowed down to a large extent.
This browser hijacker majorly targets:
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
How to Remove Zipfiletab?
There are two ways to remove this infection:
- Automatic: Removing search.emailaccessonline.com browser hijacker using ZipFileTabRemovalTool.
- Manual: Removing search.emailaccessonline.com browser hijacker using manual steps.
Follow the steps below to get rid of this hijacker and get your computer infection free:
- Download Zipfiletab RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
Manual Steps :
Steps to manually remove Zipfiletab from Google Chrome:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box that opens up, type the following path: ‘%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data’.
- Search for Default and then Extensions
- Delete the folder named ‘panlddknfikdcilhdheajcdlcjndnpcp’.
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Now go to Menu > More Tools >Extensions.
- Delete the extension named ‘Zipfiletab‘. The extension will be removed.
Steps to manually remove Zipfiletab from Internet Explorer:
1. Launch Internet Explorer.
2. Go to Tools–> Internet Options.
3. From the available tabs, click on the ‘Advanced’ tab.
4. Under ‘Reset Internet Explorer settings’, click on the ‘Reset…’ button.
5. Set the homepage as per your choice.
6. Now restart IE. All the settings will be reset and the hijacker will be removed.
The above steps can help you remove this malware manually but as an expert, we would suggest that you remove the infection using the hijacker removal tool only.
Tips to Prevent Zipfiletab From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like Zipfiletab. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Free Malware RemovalTool. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.