Better Tab on your machine is an indication that one or more browser hijackers are installed on your computer. Better Tab acts as medium for a number of advertisements to show up on your browser. The Better Tab browser redirector gives an option to the user, to uninstall it from the browser anytime, but the claims are not true. In reality, the users fail to uninstall Better Tab permanently, since it comes back even after deleting it several times.
When infected with the Better Tab browser hijacker, common symptoms include:
- The default home page getting changed to Better Tab.
- The browser’s search provider built-in search box getting changed to com.
- Appearance of irritating pop-up ads on the computer screen, slowness of the system, redirecting links, randomly opening page and even spying on your Internet activity.
- Slow down your browsing speed.The same behavior can also be seen in (Sports Addict Browser Hijacker Removal Tool)browser hijacker.
How does this infection get into your computer?
- Usually this browser infection comes along with the free media players, download managers, PDF creators and so on.
- The Better Tab also spreads over the internet via third-party software which you may have mistakenly downloaded.
- You should always pay attention while installing software because, a software installer often includes optional installs which can be the entry point for this infection in your computer.
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
How to Remove Better Tab?
You can remove it using the given methods:
- Method-Automatic: By using Better Tab Removal Tool
- Method-Manual: Remove Better Tab Manually.
Scan your PC
- Download Better Tab RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
Better Tab RemovalTool
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
How to Remove’ Better Tab ‘Manually?
Steps to remove ‘Better Tab’ from Google Chrome
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box which appears, type this path: ‘%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data‘.
- Search for Default folder and then Extensions
- Delete the folder that would be named somewhat like this: ‘hckpnalffccocpippngobngbcjmdoppg’.
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Now go to Menu > More Tools > Extensions.
- Delete the extension named ‘Better Tab’’.
Steps to remove ‘Better Tab’ from Internet Explorer:
- Open Internet Explorer (IE).
- Go to Tools –> Click on Internet Options.
- From the listed tabs, click on ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Under ‘Reset Internet Explorer settings’ option, click on ‘Reset…’.
- Set the homepage of your choice.
Tips to Prevent Better Tab From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like Better Tab. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Malware Crusher. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.