ConvertMyPDF.co is an advertising program that is installed in your PC in the form of an extension. It starts displaying lots of ads or links of other sites and advertising. ConvertMyPDF.co, as the name suggests, allows you to convert your PDF files.
ConvertMyPDF.co can directly redirect to other sites which are full of advertisements. It also changes the homepage and search engine. If you see this ConvertMyPDF.co on your browser, you are suggested to remove it quickly.
How ConvertMyPDF.co enters in your PC?
Are you annoyed by virus infected ads or pop-ups on your browser? Have you witnessed your homepage being replaced automatically? Did your search engine get replaced by any other? If this happens, then your PC surely got an infamous virus named ConvertMyPDF.co. If you want to take action against this virus, here are the steps given below.
How dangerous virus is it?
ConvertMyPDF.co virus is a browser hijacker which camouflage itself as a handy browser extension. It pops up on your computer naturally, it initiates unwelcomed ads and redirects to new URLs. ConvertMyPDF.co makes your computer unresponsive and even affect the operation of other programs. If you are facing all these problems, then stop wasting your time and clean your computer with this anti-virus tool.
- Google Chrome
- Internet explorer
If your system is infected with this browser hijacker, then you’ll notice the following orders.
- This browser hijacker set its own search engine and homepage.
- It also adds its extension in your browser, which may slow down your browsing speed.
- It redirects you to different URLs, which you have intentions to visit.
How to remove ConvertMyPDF.co from your computer?
Many of the users are infected with this virus but, sadly not many knows how to remove this virus, which is creating problem in their PC. Here is the automatic solution for your browser problem through this tool. If you are missing out on this tool, then here is a link to obtain this tool
Scan your PC with :
- Download ConvertMyPDF.co RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
How to remove it manually
So, it’s perpetually advised that you use this tool to get rid of the prevailing browser hijacker.
Steps to remove from Google chrome
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, enter this: ‘%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data‘. Search for Default and then Extensions
- Remove the folder named ‘pegalnjegmbjjnbkgnpnfpnlipiipjak’.
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Now go to Menu> More Tools > Extensions.
- Delete the extension named ‘co ‘.
Steps to remove from Mozilla firefox
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, enter this path: ‘%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles’.
- Click on the folder with ‘default’ text appeared in between the folder name ie :- ‘e6x5wbsb.default’.
- In this folder, delete ‘json.mozlz4‘.
- In the same folder, click on ‘Extensions’ folder and delete ‘coco@www.ConvertMyPDF.co.co.xpi’
- Now restart your browser.
ConvertMyPDF.co Removal Tool
Tips to Prevent ConvertMyPDF.co Toolbar From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like ConvertMyPDF.co Redirect. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Free Malware RemovalTool. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.