How to Remove ConvertPDFsNow?
You can remove the ConvertPDFsNow browser hijacker using the following methods:
- Removing ConvertPDFsNow, using the Removal Tool, Please Click on given button below:
Removing ConvertPDFsNow, manually.
ConvertPDFsNow is a toolbar, which allow users to convert various file formats to pdf format.
This application falls into PUP (potentially unwanted program) category and is considered as a browser hijacker.Once installed, this application automatically changes existing browser settings.
How? It sets browser search engine to http://hp.myway.com/.It reviews your browsing history to collects your personal information and can also transfer this data, to the third party. Users are forced to visit other websites, even if the user has no intention to visit those websites. It is a threat to the security of your personal information.
It might look something like this:
How it enters the PC?
ConvertPDFsNow has its own official website and can also come bundled with other free software.
Most of the malicious codes and activities are hidden in custom and advanced setttings, user normally avoids going through with long procedures to install the application as such these codes get installed on the his pc. Had he taken the custom/advanced setting option to install the applicaton, he would have escaped installing malicious codes.
How malicious is it?
- ConvertPDFsNow, a browser hijacker, creeps into your system and changes browser settings. When attempts are made to change them, it revert back to the previous settings.
- ConvertPDFsNow Toolbar displays banners and coupons.
- It also displays pop-ups and links to ad sites.
- Ads appears anytime while browsing.
- ConvertPDFsNow Toolbar leads to inappropriate results while browsing.
- It can also redirect the user to other websites, at times.
If you’ve accidentally become a victim to this ConvertPDFsNow, you’ll notice the following behavior:
- When you launch the infected browser, you’ll notice that the homepage has been changed.
- The search engine will get changed to http://www.myway.com.
- When you type anything in the search box, it would start the search using its own search engine.
The ConvertPDFsNow browser hijacker targets major browsers like:
- Internet explorer (I.E)
Removing ConvertPDFsNow Automatically by using Removal tool.
- Download ConvertPDFsNow RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
Removing ConvertPDFsNow Manually
Steps to remove ConvertPDFsNow from IE:
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Go to Tools > Internet Options.
- From the available tabs, click on ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Under ‘Reset Internet Explorer settings’, click ‘Reset’.
- Set the homepage to your favorite one.
- Browser settings will be reset and the browser hijacker will be removed.
Steps to remove ConvertPDFsNow from Google Chrome:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- Now, in the Run box which opens up, type the following path: ‘%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data‘.
- Go to Default
- Navigate to Extensionsfolder inside it.
- Delete the folder named ‘hmihkgfoebpcaiooojifkjadmbmnobeb’.
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Now, go to Menu > More Tools > Extensions and delete the extension named ‘ConvertPDFsNow’
Steps to remove ConvertPDFsNow from Mozilla Firefox:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, type this path: ‘%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles’.
- Now in Profiles, search for a folder with ‘.default’ in its name & in that folder, delete ‘search.json.mozlz4’.
- Now, go to the folder named ‘Extensions’.
- And, in that folder, delete the folder named similar to ‘_jqMembers_@www.ConvertPDFsNow.com’.
- Now, go to Menu > More Tools > Extensions and delete the extension named ‘ConvertPDFsNow‘.
Tips to Prevent ConvertPDFsNow From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like ConvertPDFsNow. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Free Malware RemovalTool. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.