Discover Live Radio toolbar is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that falls into the group of Adware. It is a browser extension that states to give a user an access to over 1000 online radio stations and also let a user easily search the web for lyrics, pop quizzes, Sound Tracks, and much more. Most of the users believed it to be a form of a virus.
Once this is application is installed on your PC, your home page will change to:
It might look something like this:
How did it get there?
This program gets access to the target computer without taking permission. Generally, computers are occupied by adware through the help of freeware. It can be in the form of utilities, free games, media players, file downloaders and fake software updates.
How malicious is it?
- This search tool changes the homepage and a tab with a new URL on the browser.
- Once installed on victim’s PC, this extension can make lots of changes to the homepage and browser settings.
- This toolbar is very dangerous for the victim as this keeps an eye on the browsing activities.
- This program spoils user’s PC by slowing down the process.
- This PUP program tracks the browsing history, web searches and personal details like bank details, credit card details and much more. This data is then sold to third party to make revenue out of it.
- When you launch the infected browser you will notice that the homepage has been changed.
- An extensive number of pop-ups and banners are being displayed on the user’s browser.
- The search engine will get changed to http://www.myway.com on the browser.
The Discover Live Radio browser hijacker targets major browsers like:
- Internet Explorer (IE)
How to remove Discover Live Radio browser
You can remove the Discover Live Radio browser hijacker using the following methods:
Method 1: Removing Discover Live Radio using DiscoverLiveRadio_RemovalTool.
Method 2: Removing Discover Live Radio manually
Remove Discover Live Radio Automatically
Download the removal tool by clicking on the link given below:
Downloading using –> DiscoverLiveRadio_RemovalTool
- Download Discover Live Radio RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
Discover Live Radio RemovalTool
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
Removing Discover Live Radio manually.
Steps to remove using Discover Live Radio from IE:
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Go to Tools > Internet Options.
- From the available tabs, click on ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Under ‘Reset Internet Explorer settings’, click ‘Reset’.
- Set the homepage to your favorite one.
- Browser settings will be reset and the browser hijacker will be removed.
Steps to remove using Discover Live Radio from Google Chrome:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- Now, in the Run box which opens up, type the following path: ‘%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data‘.
- Go to Default
- Navigate to Extensionsfolder inside it.
- Delete the folder named ‘becklgmbheknjjjaflpgodmbihommoke , bkbpfdkbpbckgkcelkfjjhepmdcdmahi’.
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Now, go to Menu > More Tools > Extensions and delete the extension named ‘Discover Live Radio’
Steps to remove using Discover Live Radio from Mozilla Firefox:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, type this path: ‘%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles.
- Now in Profiles, delete folder named ‘_j8Members_@www.discoverliveradio.com’.
- Now, go to Menu > More Tools > Extensions and delete the extension named ‘Discover Live Radio‘.
Tips to Prevent Discover Live Radio Toolbar From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like Discover Live Radio Redirect. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Free Malware RemovalTool. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.