Easyfileconvert is a very inconsiderate browser hijacker which, if installed in our PC can put the whole PC at severe threat. It has intuitive capability of altering the browser’s settings on its own.Easyfileconvert Removal Tool
Easyfileconvert pretends to carry some important features but instead it redirects the web browser, excessive display of ads, seize of homepage, affecting the default search engine or browser.
A glimpse of it is given below:
How did it get there?
An authorized downloading website of “Easyfileconvert” is also there, but a very high possibility of you clicking on an unknown or an arbitrary link or button got you to this browser hijacker. Higher odds of this hijacker being parceled up into the system is during the installation of a software but unfortunately, the software installed didn’t mention about a further software being installed with it.
So if your browsers i.e Internet explorer, chrome and Mozilla firefox are hijacked or in easy language, got redirected to new tab URL, or the homepage got reset to “hp.myway.com”, then sad to say but your PC is infected with this browser hijacker.
How malicious is it?
The system is affected whenever the Easyfileconverter browser hijacker sneaks inside the system and then starts changing the browser homepage or redirecting the user from one URL to the URL, which the user has no intentions to visit.
“Easyfileconverter” regularly records IP addresses, visited URLs and all the browsing history of the user and then distribute this data to the other people who misuse the data and create huge revenues.
Direct Download Link –> EasyFileConvert_RemovalTool
In case the system have been infected with this Browser Hijacker, then following changes will be noticed by the user:
- The users getting redirected to the ad sites, automatically.
- Enormous number of pop ups and banners on your browser.
- The browser and search engine settings getting changed.
- Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
How to Remove Easyfileconvert?
We are here providing you with a proper descriptive procedure of how to remove this browser hijacker which is residing in your system.
Method 1: By using EasyFileConvert_RemovalTool.
Method 2: Removing the browser hijacker manually.
Scan your PC with EasyFileConvert_RemovalTool :
- Download Easyfileconverter RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
How to remove EasyFileConvert manually?
In case you are removing “Easyfileconvert” manually then do remember that manual procedure can leave behind a few files. S, it is advised to use the tool provided above to remove the browser hijacker satisfactorily without leaving any files behind.
Steps to remove EasyFileConvert from Internet Explorer
- OpenInternet Explorer (IE).
- Go toTools à Click on Internet Options.
- From the listed tabs, click on ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Under ‘Reset Internet Explorer settings’ option, click on ‘Reset…’.
- Set the homepage of your choice.
Browser settings will be reset and the browser hijacker will be removed.
Steps to remove Hp.myway.com from Google Chrome
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, copy the following path: ‘%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data‘.
- Search for ‘Default’ and then ‘Extensions’ folder.
- Delete the folder named‘maffoojmaafjmmohkhhclgjjmghlifjo’.
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Now go toMenu à More Tools à Extensions.
- Delete the extension named ‘EasyFileConvert‘.
The infected extension will be removed. Please note that the residue files might still be left behind in this method.
Steps to remove search.searchtp.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, copy the following path: ‘%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles‘.
- Click on the folder with“.default” For eg: ‘e6x5wbsb.default‘.
- In this folder, delete ‘json.mozlz4‘.
- In the same folder, click on ‘Extensions‘ folder and delete the folder named: ‘_hpMembers_@free.easyfileconvert.com’.
- Now set the homepage and restart your browser.
- Easyfileconvert Removal Tool
Tips to Prevent Easyfileconvert Toolbar From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like Easyfileconvert Redirect. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Free Malware RemovalTool. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.