Easyphotoedit (free.easyphotoedit) is an extension for your browser setting. It is a browser hijacker which takes access of all your browser settings. It changes the homepage without your consent. Easyphotoedit affects thousands of users. It displays targeted advertisements to users and lead them to third-party sites which are very harmful for users personally as they can steal the sensitive information and can also damage the PC. It is advised to stay away from such PUPs.
How does it get into your system? How malicious is it?
While searching for pic edits online, you may come across this extension. This is installed on the system without user’s permission. This program gets into the PC via bundled installers. It changes the original settings to its own search engine. Therefore, users are not able to return to their targeted browsing sites.
If your system is infected then use our tool to clean this infection from your system.
link –> EasyPhotoEdit_RemovalTool.exe
Detected Behavioral changes:
- It will slow down your PC.
- It shows different types of advertisements.
- It can also freeze your PC.
- Your homepage and new tab page will change to easyphotoedit.
- Google chrome
- Mozilla firefox
- Internet explorer
How to remove easyphotoedit
You can remove it using the given methods:
- Automatic: To remove easyphotoedit(easyphotoedit) using EasyPhotoEdit_RemovalTool.exe
- Manual: To remove Easyphotoedit(easyphotoedit) manually
Scan your pc with:
- Download easyphotoedit RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
How to remove easyphotoedit manually?
Steps to remove Weather forecast alerts from Google Chrome:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box which appears, type the path: ‘%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data‘.
- Search for Default folder and then Extensions
- Delete the folder that would be named somewhat like this: ‘foihallpmfamdmpcopmljmgfnllbghhn’ and ‘bkbpfdkbpbckgkcelkfjjhepmdcdmahi’
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Now go to Menu > More Tools > Extensions.
- Delete the extension named ‘Easyphotoedit’
Steps to remove ‘Free.easyphotoedit’ from Mozilla Firefox:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, type this path: ‘%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles‘.
- Click on the folder with ‘.default’ appended in the folder name. For eg: ‘e6x5wbsb.default‘.
- In this folder, delete ‘json.mozlz4‘.
- In the same folder, click on ‘Extensions‘ folder and delete the folder named _g3Members_@free.easyphotoedit.com.
- Set your favorite homepage.
Steps to remove Weatherly from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Go to Tools à Click on Internet Options.
- From the given tabs, click on ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Under ‘Reset Internet Explorer settings’ option , click on ‘Reset’ option.
- Set the homepage to the one you want to use.
Browser settings changed to default and the browser hijacker is removed.
Tips to Prevent Easyphotoedit From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like Easyphotoedit. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Free Malware RemovalTool. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.