File Send Suite Toolbar is a misleading application that is listed under adware category. It is a doubtful browser extension which is classified as a potentially unwanted program (PUP).
This toolbar is supposed to provide file sharing functionality- “Send files via URL”. Drag, drop or upload files. This hijacker can get the access to the targeted computer without taking permission. Once installed on the victim’s PC, it may change your homepage and default search engine.
It might look something like this:
How did it get there?
Users may acquire this unwanted program, through download from the official website or through free software and shareware applications. This application is installed silently without giving any warning to a user.
How malicious is it?
- Once installed, you’ll notice that File Suite Toolbar is a part of your browser’s menu.
- They track on victim’s browsing history and keep the gathered data.
- They record all the information that might be useful for their aim to promote ads.
- All this sensitive information can also be sent to third party to generate revenue.
In case the system has been infected with this PUP, the following changes will be noticed by the user:
- The user getting redirected to the ad sites, automatically.
- An extensive number of pop-ups and banners on the user’s browser.
- The browser and search engine settings getting changed, automatically.
- These ads might redirect to harmful web pages
File Send Suite PUP program targets the major browsers like:
- Internet Explorer (IE)
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
Remove File Send Suite
You can remove the File Send Suite using the following methods:
Method 1: Using FileSendSuite_RemovalTool.
Technique 2: Removing the File Send Suite PUP program manually.
Scan your PC with FileSendSuite RemovalTool
- Download File Send Suite RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
File Send Suite RemovalTool
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
How to remove File Send Suite manually?
In case you are removing “File Send Suite” manually then do remember that manual procedure can leave behind a few files. S, it is advised to use the tool provided above to remove the browser hijacker satisfactorily without leaving any files behind.
Steps to remove File Send Suite from Internet Explorer:
- OpenInternet Explorer (IE).
- Go toTools à Click on Internet Options.
- From the listed tabs, click on ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Under ‘Reset Internet Explorer settings’ option, click on ‘Reset…’.
- Set the homepage of your choice.
Browser settings will be reset and the browser hijacker will be removed.
Steps to remove File Send Suite from Google Chrome:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, copy the following path: ‘%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data‘.
- Search for‘Default’ and then ‘Extensions’
- Delete the folder named‘giknhnapgohddallbpgdaggmpobnmpec’.
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Now go toMenu –> More Tools –> Extensions.
- Delete the extension named ‘File Send Suite‘.
The infected extension will be removed. Please note that the residue files might still be left behind in this method.
Steps to remove search.searchtp.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, copy the following path: ‘%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles.
- Click on the folder with“.default” text appended in between the folder name. For eg: ‘default‘.
- In this folder, delete ‘json.mozlz4‘.
- In the same folder, click on ‘Extensions‘ folder and delete the folder named: _euMembers_@free.filesendsuite.com’, and _j5Members_@ext.ask.com
- Now set the homepage and restart your browser.
Tips to Prevent File Send Suite Toolbar From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like File Send Suite Redirect. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Free Malware RemovalTool. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.